• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:36:36 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

help generating bestline

Started by escartiz, March 09, 2023, 04:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

escartiz

In the track editor (tracked) I am trying to generate the bestline.  I saved a .rpy file and when pressing "import" nothing happens. Am I missing something here? Any guidance or reference to a previous topic will be appreciated it. I could not find anything related. Thanks in advance

LXS77

Hi, are you using TrackEd 1.40? There seems to be a glitch with importing replay files in this revision. Try the previous version (I've attached a copy for you just in case).

escartiz

Awesome, it worked with this version. I was using 1.40

Thank you,  I really appreciate it :)

LXS77

nils

Hi, I have the same issue with TrackEd 1.45 and 1.39. After selecting the .rpy with the OpenFileDialog nothing happens. The .rpy has been saved with the recent Kart Racing Pro release 13d. I am grateful for any help or reference on the problem.

LXS77

Quote from: nils on December 03, 2023, 08:57:58 PMHi, I have the same issue with TrackEd 1.45 and 1.39.

Hi, yeah, looks like the bestline generation is not working. The replay format must have been changed in the recent game builds and it's no longer compatible with TrackEd. Hopefully, PiBoSo will address the issue in the next revision of the editor.

nils

Yes, hopefully. Is it possible to download an older game version for this purpose or is there a way to to create the best line manually?

I aim at training my kids the ideal line on our local tracks (which are available to download) during winter break. Unfortunately the yellow indicated "best line" comes as "center line" on all of these tracks which is more distracting than no line.

LXS77

Unfortunately, the line cannot be created manually and I don't think you can rollback in Steam. I guess, it's only possible to return to previous versions if you have a standalone (non-Steam) KRP edition.

nils

I actually do have a standalone version but after the recent re-installation I lost the previous build. Is there a way to download an older version from the official mirror?

LXS77

Quote from: nils on December 08, 2023, 10:49:39 AMIs there a way to download an older version from the official mirror?

I don't think so, the offical mirror only offers a current build. I've found Release 12b on my test machine, maybe it will help (just sent you a personal message with the link).