• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Problems with .amb file making the game crash

Started by EdoLeo, February 20, 2023, 11:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdoLeo

Hi all, i've recently decided to create a new track for personal use, it isn't intented to be aestetichally good looking, i've invested more time on getting proportions right, i've finished the first beta of the track, however i cannot get it to work, as soon as i try to load the game it crashes, after a few trouble shooting tries, i've identified the problem in the .amb file, however i have 0 clue what that means as i'm doing this with little experience and by following some tutorials. So now i'm stuck like this, one of the tutorials i've followed suggested to change an existing track folder rather than creating a new one, so i'm using the .amb file from lonato, which wasn't an issue for the tutorial, but for me it is, and i don't know how to modify/create a new one, nor i don't know what makes it crash, any help is greatly appreciated! i'll link a drive folder with the track folder i'm trying to load in case it helps.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1i5aBkN97EeDhrUhz7Kom84ZTjocCJIpR?usp=sharing

LXS77

Hi EdoLeo, I don't see any issues with your track, it's loading fine at my end. Maybe try to restart your PC.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

EdoLeo

Yep i'm stupid, i found out that i was still on release 8, it was preventing the .amb file to work probably, now works fine! One thing i'd like to ask now that i've created the post, i'm using blender to create the 3d map, but i'm struggling to create realistic kerbs shapes, especially the inside kerbs with a round shape, i've currently came with a rough solution to just create a triangular shape and make it follow the turn, but that doesn't look any good :/ i'm searching for more ideas on how to create a proper one ;D

LXS77

Hi again, glad it's all working for you now!

As for the kerbs, check this out, maybe it'll give you some ideas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I9UtB1YJAs

EdoLeo

Thanks! i am looking more of a round shape as that's what the circuit uses, but there's surely some tips in there that i'll implement when i get back working on the project :D

LXS77

Quote from: EdoLeo on February 22, 2023, 04:08:41 PMi am looking more of a round shape as that's what the circuit uses,
You can create any shape you like, the principle would still be the same, and please check the link to your track - the one you've provided doesn't work :)