• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:19:34 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Paints installation

Started by PiBoSo, October 28, 2011, 11:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

October 28, 2011, 11:56:58 AM Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 06:59:25 PM by PiBoSo
To install a kart paint create, in "My Documents"/PiBoSo/Kart Racing Pro/mods/, the following folder structure:

"bodyworks\paints\fl\" for B karts
"bodyworks\paints\fl_2015\" for B 2015 karts
"bodyworks\paints\lk\" for Lotus karts
"bodyworks\paints\ms\" for MS karts
"bodyworks\paints\na\" for CRG karts
"bodyworks\paints\na_mini\" for the CRG Mini kart
"bodyworks\paints\tk\" for T karts

and copy the PNT file in the appropriate directory.

It is also possible to have a paint for a specific kart, using the following structure:
"karts\t_kf1\paints"
"karts\t_kf3\paints"
"karts\t_kz1\paints"
"karts\t_fs250\paints"
"karts\t_f100\paints"
... and so on

For the helmet and visor:
"driver\helmets\sk6\paints"
or
"driver\helmets\sk6_s\paints"
or
"driver\helmets\sk6_mini\paints"

David Paterson

When I d/l a paint from this forum, how do i know if it is for a Tony kart or a CRGkart? 

In program files/kart racing pro i created a new folder called karts, then i created a new folder in program files/kart racing pro/karts called paints.  Then i created two new folders in paints, one called t the tother called c  I d/l the Senna paint and the Swiss Hutless paint.  i installed both of them to program files/kart racing pro/karts/paints/t & program files/kart racing pro/karts/paints/c but none of them appear in game.  What should i do?

EVO

I made those they are TK karts,  You can tell by the pictures.  I shouuld specify sorry.
All finished paints are in the Paint Database at the top of the paint section
in there Rachard has organized the paints by tk or crg

They should work with either of the file structure in PiboSo's post .
Do you have the demo?
skins and tracks are unlocked after purchasing the game
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

David Paterson

Quote from: EVO on December 26, 2011, 07:33:59 AM
They should work with either of the file structure in PiboSo's post .
Do you have the demo?
skins and tracks are unlocked after purchasing the game

Thanks, i purchased the full version today.  The helmets work for your paints, but not the karts or suits.

i have installed them to C:/program files/kart racing pro/karts/paints/t

nmpcs

Quote from: David Paterson on December 26, 2011, 06:33:29 AM
When I d/l a paint from this forum, how do i know if it is for a Tony kart or a CRGkart? 

In program files/kart racing pro i created a new folder called karts, then i created a new folder in program files/kart racing pro/karts called paints.  Then i created two new folders in paints, one called t the tother called c  I d/l the Senna paint and the Swiss Hutless paint.  i installed both of them to program files/kart racing pro/karts/paints/t & program files/kart racing pro/karts/paints/c but none of them appear in game.  What should i do?
Tthe easiest way to know which kart is it, is by looking at the front bumper.
Tony Karts' have an all rounded bumper while CRG's have a straight form in the center

Sam

Falling for kk like

grandmasterJ

May 07, 2012, 04:41:47 PM #6 Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:54:49 PM by grandmasterJ
Hi Guys,

I'm having an issue with putting the kart suit into the game.
I've downloaded as EVO's TK suit as a test, so I can see where everything on the psd sits before I edit my own suit into the game. (front of leg/arm etc)

I've used paintEd on the driver.tga file I made from EVO's psd, and placed the .pnt file into karts/paints/t folder.
No joy in the game though. I only get the option for base, and official.

I've been looking through the forums but can't figure what I'm doing wrong or missing so any helps would be great.

On a plus note, I've Managed to paint up my Helmet in PS (Nori Haga replica), and for a first effort, it lined up a hell of a lot closer than I thought it would (My brain was sizzling when I was trying to guess where the lines would meet up) :D
A few small tweeks needed, but overall I'm pretty pleased. Never tried doing 3d stuff before :)

My deviantART page -> http://grandmaster-j5.deviantart.com

grandmasterJ

Nevermind. For whatever reason, it's working now. No idea what the problem was, as I didn't change anything.
Voodoo magic or something

Managed to paint up my Sparco Jarno suit and get it working without an issue now.

EVO

the UVW layer can be used to roughly estimate how things will line up.  I dont know how to do the air intakes or vents though. I guess trail and error for those.  I think the previous version helmet was slightly easier to judge the spoiler/vent parts.  I wish we could get it back.

grandmasterJ

May 08, 2012, 03:11:59 PM #9 Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:19:30 PM by grandmasterJ
Yup, I used the UV layer, but was still a pain guessing the angles that the lines etc would meet up.
Made me wish I'd bought a helmet with a far simpler design :D

I ended up making a layer where I numbered each join of the helmet top and side, so i knew which section each line would cross and how far across it.

I don't have any Karting boots as yet, so I've used yours from th TK template at the moment :D Hope you don't mind!
Also used your TK kart template, just so I can see where things sit exactly before I update.

Thanks for posting the templates etc by the way! VERY helpfull!

Again, no idea why the suit wasn't showing before. It just seemed to, WORK when I gave it another go. Very strange

Here's how it looks for the moment anyway.
Suit is Sparco Jarno.

EVO

you should share your helmet template with others.  I would find that useful

grandmasterJ

May 08, 2012, 09:54:00 PM #11 Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:58:17 PM by grandmasterJ
Okeydoke.

I'll have to clean up the psd a tad first :D
I like to play around with a lot of layers, and the numbers for each join were just scribbled in too.

I had another idea for a method that could work for complex lines going into the top section. I'll give it a go, see if it works and let you know

EVO

awesome it will really help many people including me

grandmasterJ

Where can I put the psd?

Here's a jpeg that can be just dropped onto a layer for the moment anyway. I've left on the UV liines and numbers incase anyone wants to use that as a guide aswell.
I slapped the numbers in, so I could easily/quickly find what block I was working to, and how far through the lines need to cross.

I hate counting :D

EVO