• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:58:53 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

"profile.ini"

Started by Aritz, October 28, 2011, 11:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Hi Piboso

"1 is the default value. Increase it ( up to 20 ) to have the tires generate groove and dry the track faster.
Testing session only"

It will be interesting to have this kind of setting when we build a track. I know many real tracks and I know that is very different the time of drying on them. Magescq dries very fast but Olaberria (not in KRP yet) is completely different, it takes days...

About "Testing session only": We can change those values only in testing? Why not on races? Is the chosen air temp involved on the dry of the track?

Thank you

PiBoSo

This setting is for the effect of tires on track surface. Testing only because it takes a long time for a single kart to dry a track, so a multiplier is needed to test the effect and have some fun  :)

Air temperature affects the speed of global drying.

P.S.
Please check your messages.

Aritz

Nitrox

This all sounds like Beta 4 is almost ready :)

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 28, 2011, 11:37:53 AM

This setting is for the effect of tires on track surface. Testing only because it takes a long time for a single kart to dry a track, so a multiplier is needed to test the effect and have some fun  :)

Air temperature affects the speed of global drying.

Will be interesting if the multiplier would works in all the track. I love the new dynamic surface but if I drive alone using the multiplier trick, only where I passed trough with the kart dries faster and the rest is wet for so long. Multiplier for all the track (only in testing) would be better :)

ENNKT

AFTER I UPDATED TO BETA 4, THE RESOLUTION IS SO LARGE THAT I CAN'T CHANGE  OR USE SETTINGS.  ???  TRIED KART.INI X  Y, STILL SAME.

PiBoSo

Quote from: ENNKT on November 03, 2011, 04:58:10 PM
AFTER I UPDATED TO BETA 4, THE RESOLUTION IS SO LARGE THAT I CAN'T CHANGE  OR USE SETTINGS.  ???  TRIED KART.INI X  Y, STILL SAME.

Please try to open "profile.ini" to set, under "gfx" section, x and y to the monitor's resolution.