• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:11:25 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

New brands of engines.

Started by Barlo, October 11, 2011, 01:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

December 01, 2011, 09:50:12 PM #30 Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 09:53:49 PM by evo1087
So we agree the gray one was used the most for ICA.  I own about five of these. Dont know why lol. I can make it  accurately in 3d quick
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Eslotes

Look at thoose Filters.
Air Filter KG 30mm

Air Filter Freeline 30mm

Air Filter RIGHETTI RIDOLFI ASR 30mm

Air filter "dont know name sorry"
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

EVO

Schwoni is sending me everything i will need

Eslotes

Evo what do u think abaut doing the Freeline? i like then i dont like the old one
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Barlo

I like the KG filter. Evo most widely used filter is the gray plane of the page above, you may create it in 3D for when we already have the engine ICA? We could try to KC3.

EVO

it is not that easy  Its not like making a dash.  The model I make has to be formated properly in 3ds max according to KRP.  Then PiBoSO will decide whether it can be added it in Beta5. It is completely up to him. We dont want to stress him.  We want to help as much as we can.

We need a dyno with hp and torque curve.  Also weight. And probably many other things.

EVO

December 05, 2011, 01:51:39 AM #36 Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:59:09 AM by evo1087

Airbox model and rendering

the freeline is the coolest but this one was the moslt widely used i believe.  That Freeline was put into production after ICA was dead. 
The filtered ariboxs are used today by the guys that want to preserve their delicate engines which are no longer have parts easily availalbe

EVO

December 05, 2011, 02:14:40 AM #37 Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:16:25 AM by evo1087
Quote from: Schwoni on December 01, 2011, 03:46:51 PM
so i use the same airbox as panpan only i have this 2 holes on the higlighting of the top. No filter only conical holes i think they are the same as panpan`s only open so without this mesh.
i don`t knoiw how to explain teh induction in english :) maybe i try later. Water or Air cooled? i would say air cooled i know it is older but we allready have water colled karts enough and the highest rpm that i know at the moment is 18000 - 18500 rpm. Air cooled engines can do 20 - 21000 if u drive it so high the engine is very fast broken ;) round about 4 hours racing after run in time. But with such high rpm u almost have very much power also on tight corners. It is slow from 0- 7000rpm from 7000- 9000 it starts slowly to acclerate maybe u can compare with kc3 and from 9000 - 19000 or also 20000 u have VERY much power after that the power get a bit less. I drove more tire brands: Dunlop, Bridgestone, Maxxis and also conti soft the contis have had much grip from beginning but with all tires if u get out of the pit ( so cold tires) the engine arrive the 9000rpm and the tires start spinning on straight :) so real power. Chasing shifters is also not a problem it depends on the shifter engine and the driver ;) but much shifters u can get with that also on straight. I think it is enough explained

Last but not least my engine ( air colled) have a weight of only 9 kg if i remember right. so very less weight and so really driving like a train very much grip on some tracks like venray ( netherland) u can`t breathe in some curves :D another thing why i prefer the air cooled less weight.

edit: i forgot i think the best is without clutch so direct driving less loosing power and another reason for fast broken engine :) running at 20000rpm full brake to 0 rpm and lift brake and it starts again to 12000rpm for example so that`s really hard and much wear :)

the engine you discribe reminds me of the Formula A class in Super1Karting game
the wheels spin when you accelerate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=0njWLJGSlEY
you could cover the airbox in this game. It just gave you a little boost

I figured out how PANPAN and Schwoni's ICA/FORMULA A egnines work
fitted on the crank shaft is a circular plate made of metal or a composite material which spins with the engine.  The plate has a cutout section which lets fuel through. 
Modern engines use flexible carbon fiber Reed Petals (valves) which bend though suction letting the fuel pass. 
Comparing the two i think the rotarty seems like the better option,  better airflow and more durable (metal version)
The idea is really smart. Funny to see the carb coming out the side.

rotary valve

reed valve

PANPAN

December 05, 2011, 04:23:59 PM #38 Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:26:22 PM by PANPAN
Best regards,
Raoul

If you have the feeling that everything is under control, this means you are not driving fast enough.  (S.Moss)

Racehard

Very nice and interesting pictures panpan :)

PANPAN

Other funny detail : Vortex engine with ... IAME rotative valve
http://karting.alrocharari.be/#11.19
Best regards,
Raoul

If you have the feeling that everything is under control, this means you are not driving fast enough.  (S.Moss)

rogenator

Quote from: evo1087 on December 01, 2011, 09:50:12 PM
So we agree the gray one was used the most for ICA.  I own about five of these. Dont know why lol. I can make it  accurately in 3d quick

Hello is that right 5 engines!! Want to sell one to an old fart still racing. Alas now on socialsecurity budget slim

I have an old invader made in california usa. It is set up for left hand drive need

a motor.

Post a reply ok Rogenator :)

Be Kind To Your Web Footed Friends

EVO

sorry no i have five of those airboxs lol they use them on TAG engines which i only have one.

Barlo

EVO, the filter is really great, eager to use ajajaja, and as you say, this filter was the most used ICA engines, the freeline appeared when there were water-cooled engines with no more direct transimision.   :D  ;)  :)

EVO

I need some pictures and dimensions then i can make it with a nice and simple model with great textures to make it look more life like. then we can see if it can be added to the game. Iam starting to like Schwoni's idea the most of all of the air cooled engine to add a differnt look to the game