• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:41:25 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

New brands of engines.

Started by Barlo, October 11, 2011, 01:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racehard

ICA would be great because it would have the behavior of the krp kc3 chassis but with way more power wouldn't it.

And how the kc3 chassis behaves is definitely awesome, only the lack of power lets me choose a different class.

Schwoni

PANPAN

I can take pictures from my old Vortex VR/CW from 1999 if you want.

http://karting.alrocharari.be/#11.18
Best regards,
Raoul

If you have the feeling that everything is under control, this means you are not driving fast enough.  (S.Moss)

Eslotes

Yes that should be good,KF3 Chassis with the ICA Engine [Vortex w/golden head,TM K11B,Parilla ReedJet,Parilla Sudam,Maxter,Comer)
But i think with the Parilla model can make many engines like Reedjet,sudam,x30 just changing the RPM and Horse Power.
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

EVO

December 01, 2011, 05:21:14 AM #19 Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 05:25:11 AM by evo1087
PANPAN overal photos and dimensions would really help i could make a 3d model in a couple hours.
take the pictures from far away and zoom in this will help flatten the photo.

Engine mount angle is also important.
Front, back, top,left, right

They use this airbox right?

if they do I have a bunch of these lol
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

Im pretty excited I want to help the game grow as much as possible.  I noticed they also used this airbox

but i think this is worse for peroformance and better for the engine.   We want super power and danger of breaking.

PANPAN

December 01, 2011, 08:39:30 AM #21 Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 09:11:07 AM by PANPAN
Quote from: evo1087 on December 01, 2011, 05:21:14 AM
PANPAN overal photos and dimensions would really help i could make a 3d model in a couple hours.
take the pictures from far away and zoom in this will help flatten the photo.

Engine mount angle is also important.
Front, back, top,left, right

They use this airbox right?
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Sonik-TX-Karting-NEW-Box-Air-Box-Filter-Original-/00/$(KGrHqEOKjsE2)lj5cONBNuQy9D3MQ~~_12.JPG

if they do I have a bunch of these lol

OK, I prepare some pictures.
The airbox used was different (At least for me)
http://karting.alrocharari.be/#34.0
Best regards,
Raoul

If you have the feeling that everything is under control, this means you are not driving fast enough.  (S.Moss)

EVO

December 01, 2011, 09:28:13 AM #22 Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 09:30:20 AM by evo1087
I know of old aircooled enignes having side carburators but i didnt know ICA had them.
AS long as the engine fits on the current chassis and body model it should be possible to put it right on to the chassis.
what kind of induction does it have? rotary vavle? how much horse power?  Scwhoni says his got 44hp. I want to model the best ICA engine ever made.

what does the third needle on the carb adjust.  Mid level needle?

Eslotes

EVO

December 01, 2011, 02:30:41 PM #24 Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 02:32:42 PM by evo1087
that doesnt look like a vintage movie of ICA but a recent club level race.  These guys use filtered airbox to preserve their engines. I still think Socorem is the best becuase it has no filter it is just a airbox.  You will suck in dirt but you will have the most power.  Anyway what engine was best?

Eslotes

Schwoni

December 01, 2011, 03:46:51 PM #26 Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 03:51:33 PM by Schwoni
so i use the same airbox as panpan only i have this 2 holes on the higlighting of the top. No filter only conical holes i think they are the same as panpan`s only open so without this mesh.
i don`t knoiw how to explain teh induction in english :) maybe i try later. Water or Air cooled? i would say air cooled i know it is older but we allready have water colled karts enough and the highest rpm that i know at the moment is 18000 - 18500 rpm. Air cooled engines can do 20 - 21000 if u drive it so high the engine is very fast broken ;) round about 4 hours racing after run in time. But with such high rpm u almost have very much power also on tight corners. It is slow from 0- 7000rpm from 7000- 9000 it starts slowly to acclerate maybe u can compare with kc3 and from 9000 - 19000 or also 20000 u have VERY much power after that the power get a bit less. I drove more tire brands: Dunlop, Bridgestone, Maxxis and also conti soft the contis have had much grip from beginning but with all tires if u get out of the pit ( so cold tires) the engine arrive the 9000rpm and the tires start spinning on straight :) so real power. Chasing shifters is also not a problem it depends on the shifter engine and the driver ;) but much shifters u can get with that also on straight. I think it is enough explained

Last but not least my engine ( air colled) have a weight of only 9 kg if i remember right. so very less weight and so really driving like a train very much grip on some tracks like venray ( netherland) u can`t breathe in some curves :D another thing why i prefer the air cooled less weight.

edit: i forgot i think the best is without clutch so direct driving less loosing power and another reason for fast broken engine :) running at 20000rpm full brake to 0 rpm and lift brake and it starts again to 12000rpm for example so that`s really hard and much wear :)

PANPAN

If we go into this direction, I hope we will be allowed to tune the carburation while driving and beeing obliged to close air intake with the hand.  By the way, I was also able to take 20500 RPM on my Vortex VR/CW but ... not long  :o
And if you are out of fuel in the middle of a straight ...  BOUM  :-[ :-[

But what a pleasure to drive (and to push) ...
Best regards,
Raoul

Schwoni

tune caburation while driving ok but not so important i think for first time. close air intake with hand is a must.
with no fuel on straights i have nerver had. i always take a look at the fuel bottle all few laps.
my engine was so often broken^^ one time at full 20000 rpm ca. 140 - 150 km/h (no clutch) so i spinned 4 times and stopped in middle of track :D that was a shock

Barlo

Guys, I love all your ideas and hopefully we can make all these wishes, look here in Argentina ICA engine filters are used with flat gray as in the photo are some direct drive motor cooled by water and other air, abundant water cooled it most. Good point is that an ICA motor would come in the game would be very great and used by all, so good, I hope all our wishes can be met. Would have to ask someone to start creating photo gray filter as it was the kind used with engines ICA