• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 07:11:54 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

FaceTrackNOIR

Started by evo1087, January 14, 2012, 03:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

my expereince
i tried facetrack on my laptop, but i have not tried it with any other game other than KRP.  It did not function at all.  It was jammed looking down and right. 

The facetrack prgram was working the yellow lines were on my face and eyes. I am using the built in HD webcamin my laptop. when their is ample light it records nicely.

Does anyone have any recomendations, settings, etc and experiences using tracking?

Can you look further with tracking?  Over your shoulder?  I hope to look over my shoulder instead of pressing the look back button
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Rupe W

Hello Evo, i used it to start with  and had it set up great... i will have a look and pull out my setting... if not ill soon get back into it ....

EVO

please thanks.  Do you have external webcam?

Rupe W

i only get 26 fps with my webcam...  if you want a external cam get a PS3 eye... they are about 30 euros... and you can mod a file onced installed to get a constant 60 fps... or wiiii cam
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/trackir-freetrack-and-face-track.15777/page-1

EVO

I saw this on the nogrip forum as well. ITs the older version.   These settings are good for KRP?

Rupe W

ive just downloaded the latest version, with the extra stuff... let see how it all work now.... i was only useing 1 axis with a wide  deadzone.   i can move my head and its only when i look to the edge it spins right back for a look back view... it takes a while to get used to... fells like im understeering into corners .. look to much at apex...

ill start a fresh set up and see how it works...

Racehard

I am also very keen on using this for krp, maybe it can be helpfull in fights on track. If you can slightly look left and right.

But my webcam is like the cheapest you can get, so I have no idea of what to expect, anyway hope it'll somehow work.

EVO

Quote from: Rupe W on January 16, 2012, 09:01:44 PM
ive just downloaded the latest version, with the extra stuff... let see how it all work now.... i was only useing 1 axis with a wide  deadzone.   i can move my head and its only when i look to the edge it spins right back for a look back view... it takes a while to get used to... fells like im understeering into corners .. look to much at apex...

ill start a fresh set up and see how it works...

this is very promising keep us up to date.  I too and using the latest verion, but with no idea how to make it work.

Rupe W

January 21, 2012, 01:35:28 PM #8 Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:58:55 PM by Rupe W
Hello Evo, ive got it working, which bit is not working..
Have you got facetrack working without a game or is it in game it doesnt work

i had to spend some time getting my webcam set up  correct,,( i get 30 fps by playing with settings if on default settings i get 16 fps and it turns red and stops working)

its hard to explain... if you have Skype  we can chat  and i can share screen, ill show you my settings....

EVO

you are using the new version or the version in the the tutorial.  And you have it working in KRP too?

Rupe W

Hi, ive got the latest version and yes it works on kartrace Pro

EVO

can you post your settings

Rupe W

have you got facetrack Noir working without the game

EVO

January 21, 2012, 09:52:44 PM #13 Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 10:01:20 PM by EVO
 I noticed you have 1.6.  I am using 1.5 so im updating to 1.6 at the moment

Rupe W

ive just been trying all kinds of things   i cant match what your getting...
ok once your updated  lets see what happens