• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:32:26 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

FaceTrackNOIR

Started by evo1087, January 14, 2012, 03:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racehard

I get the mouse look to act ok on desktop, so i can control it their but in krp it just acts weird, it doesn't go back to center, the view stays on the right or on the left, even if my head is centered again

EVO

it should work without mouse look mode.  For me it just started working out of the blue, and stops and starts.  I think the webcam and program need alot of consistant light.  Im going to do more testing.  The FreeTrack with the Led tracking Rupe is wrting about sounds the best route since the programming in the game is based off it
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Rupe W

Free track and 3 led light is way beter than facetrack noir...imho as ive tried both .... ive got mine working and it 100% smoother and you can do a look back or a half look left /right in fact all the axis a way better ;D  ...
im also sure you can asign a button to a look... ie look at thebottom of screen and you will tuck.. look at top you look back left is left and right is right (this is not head traking in game)ppjoy... will look at this at some point but playing with new gismo
And also with this software you can use the trackir camera and pro clip  and it converts it to free track...

EVO

January 29, 2012, 07:12:59 AM #33 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:19:09 AM by EVO
only certain web cams work with the led right?

You should do the first youtube video with head tracking  and KRP

Rupe W

Hello Evo, i thought the same, but then i was playing around with my red led fob. by changing the setting of the web cam... dark and out of focus  you could see the red led and i got single point head track... and this was with no filter removal or putting additional filters over the lens... the darker the room the better perfect for night time gaming..
.If you youse ir led's you will not see any light from them so there no chance of reflections(but a bit more work is needed to get it working)
You will only encounter problems if you youse ir led's  (or you have a very poor webcam, if you can control all it setting  exposure gain brightness gamma it should work)
All i did was file the tops off 3 red led's to open the focul point (its now about half it size)..  i taped them to my headphones and measured the distances and filled in the data in freetrack....  AND IT WORKED...

Racehard

I got facetrack noir to work now, at least way better than it did before. The only thing is that i have to point my desk lamp directly into the camera (it is a very cheap camera) that's the only way to get acceptable 30Hz, so no option for a real session of racing but was fun to play around.

Cloudheaven

Rupe W

January 29, 2012, 11:43:58 AM #38 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:56:16 AM by Rupe W
Its good to tinker..... thanks

@ Racehard... My camera is only getting 30fps and free-tracks works way better. I can use this for racing its so stable...

a couple of things... if you youse the default profile the head movement is limited click on any game profile and it opened up then you need to lower the settings.( took me a while to figuere this out, i thought it wasnt working)
And it appears i have to reset my camera every time i want to use it... (this is not a prob i just forget to set it up ) ..

Cloudheaven

I'm planning to get the PS-Eye, it's able to 60FPS stable, excellent for FaceTrackNOIR, plus
it's not expensive, only ~35€ and you can use it with every programs on the PC!
I've tried FreeTrack some times ago, but i've find that isn't so comfortable to have a lights system
over your head/headphones, even if it work flawlessy!

Racehard

These are my thoughts aswell cloud. Can you share your experience with the ps3 eye then pls?  :)

Rupe W

i have a ps3 eye and it works great on facetrack noir,,, but you have to get the lighting good but its a bit cpu demanding, if you have a second pc you can run it through that for a even more stable results..... This is the easy simple way of doing it and i used it for ages in race07... with good results

The PS3 Eye camera was designed for gaming and for that purpose, it can give up to 120 fps. However when the Code Laboratories driver is used it normally operates in 'basic' mode, which will max. at 30fps. If you want, you can switch the driver into advanced mode this way:
•Create a file called cleye.config in the program-folder of FaceTrackNoIR (the one with with the .EXE in it);
•Enter this text in the file and save it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cleye>
<item name="mode" value="advanced" />
</cleye>
•Run FaceTrackNoIR;

You should keep in mind that a higher framerate will also require more CPU-power. We only recommend it for faster gaming-machines (quad-core or higher). We would appreciate any feedback from users, who have tried this...

I think ive seen another way to do this if it doesnt work...
Freetrack also converts my camera to 120fps ...

if you war a B/cap or headphones you can use lights its not obtrusive in you movements what you see there in my pictures is a prototype its now time to make it smaller and detter in design..If i then replace the red led'swith ir led'sand mod the ps3 eye i can make it small enough to fit onto my wireless ear piece..(old xbox) ...If facetrack noir crashes or looses it signal it doesnt always return to centre. This can be anoying at times even when you tick the box...

EVO

great info Rupe W with this we dive deeper into full emersive simulation
You would recommend freetrack right, becuase it tracks much better?
IT would be so simple to make or buy the LEDs and mount them to a helmet

Rupe W

and if i read it correctly you can use a Wii remote as a camera and your led lights strapped to you head and get 100 fps super smooth...
but for me free track is the best option so far with a logitech hd web cam and 3 led lights.... ;D

EVO