• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

October 16, 2024, 10:51:55 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

issues with lap times

Started by escartiz, September 15, 2024, 10:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

escartiz

I am working on a new track and I am not able to find the issue of it not registering lap times. I redid the main centerline multiple times and made sure the generated surface is within trkasph. I do have trkgrass and trksoil on sides in case the surface gets out of the main track but is not. I have speedtrap set as well as checkpoints, and splits but I am missing something. Laps do get counted and I do get positive or negative deltas between laps but after crossing the finish line it just displays __:__:__.
I even tried different versions of tracked but I got the same error.

I have never had this issue before. The only thing I can think of that is different from previous tracks I've made is that this one has multiple elevations and the main straight goes downhill where the crossing line is. I made sure the crossing line is right at 0 on the Z axis though, but I wonder if that makes any difference. If someone can suggest other things I should re-check I would really appreciate it. 

LXS77

September 15, 2024, 10:09:42 PM #1 Last Edit: September 15, 2024, 10:11:27 PM by LXS77
Quote from: escartiz on September 15, 2024, 10:01:52 PMI do have trkgrass

It's actually trkgras
Anyway, if you wish, DM me a link to the FBX file and I'll have a look.

escartiz

sorry that was a typo. dm sent. Thank you

LXS77

Thanks for the file. I'll come back to you shortly.

LXS77

Hey, me again. Where do you have your speedtrap? At the end of the longest straight? Most likely the speedtrap line is too wide and extending to GRAVEL object (gravel type is not used in the game). Either make the speedrap line narrower or rename GRAVEL into something else, like off_trksand.

escartiz

wonderful :) It never occurred to me that the "gravel" area would be the culprit. It is part of the background decoration and there is a collidable fence preventing access to it so I just named it randomly. It wasn't the speedtrap but the second split as well as multiple checkpoints that did extend to that area. I renamed the "gravel" as instructed and narrowed the checkpoints and split and problem solved. Thank you bro, you are awesome

LXS77

You're most welcome! Yeah, all these lines should sit on valid surfaces or the game won't be able to calculate correct boundaries. Have fun on the track!