• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:28:54 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Game is quite laggy

Started by Scott W, December 16, 2010, 04:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott W

Hey guys,

I downloaded the game last night, very keen to try this simlator out to compare with the real thing.

But game play is very laggy. And on the menu screens my mouse is very slow...

My specs are
Compaq Presario CQ61
Operating System: Windows 7
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Screen/monitor whatever?: Resolution at 1366 x 768. BUT, I also run rfactor on a 50" plasma HD TV, with all settings and detail on full so I can't realy see the problem there?

Any help much appreciated. I have been wondering, is the lag because it is a beta version?

If it means updating graphics card drivers acn someone point me in the right direction..im not very computer literate.

After playign with it this morning, i found that in the dry, the outside view has little if any lag at all. And the cockpit (int he drivers seat) lags alot
But in the wet, both views (cockpit and outside) lag massively

Shawn Campbell

December 16, 2010, 05:15:49 AM #1 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 05:25:52 AM by Shawn Campbell
You're running the game on an integrated graphics chip on your motherboard.  That is mainly why your game performance is so slow and choppy.  Consider buying a separate graphics card which utilizes your PCI Express slot in your computer.  http://game.amd.com

Additionally, you are running an old processor, one that isn't nearly as good as the current line of processors.  I have found KRP to be very taxing on the system, I'm not sure if its the graphics engine or the physics which are creating a bottleneck, but it certainly is more taxing on your system than rFactor or Iracing from what I have seen.

I'm on a Core-2 duo E6870 3.0gHz

3GB ram

2X ATI Radeon 4870 graphics cards in CrossFire

650W Power Supply

8 megabit cable internet

1680X1050 resolution, everything turned all the way up except anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering, both at 2X.

I get very good framerates except when in large groups of karts where I see drops down to 30 or so.  But usually its in the 60 range or so.