• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:44:50 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Converting from rfactor

Started by Marco Dakic, December 11, 2010, 06:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What you think about rFactor tracks convert in KRP

Its a great idea
1 (100%)
I think its a bad idea
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: December 18, 2010, 06:56:17 PM

Aritz

I am finishing a rFactor quickmade track for testing :)

I wish I can learn enough to convert it for KRP, but I don't know anything in 3DMAX :(

Chris Owens

Quote from: vizzz on December 20, 2010, 10:12:59 PM
Quote from: Chris Owens on December 20, 2010, 09:19:49 PM
I've got the track part converted.  I'm not sure as to how the textures work.  When I open the exported file up in Track Editor, none of the textures load.

You should place both MAP and TRP files in the same folder and then open TRP file in TrackEd.
If you use MapView you should see textures in MAP file. If you don't see them so something wrong with materials/textures...

I think I've figured out my problem.  "In scene there is Multimaterial with all scene submaterials. Replace all submaterials from Gmotor2 materials to Standart materials, replace all textures with the same textures in TGA format."

I'm not sure what you mean here, could you go into a little more detail as what I'm suppose to do? 

OS-Chris

- convert all DDS textures to TGA files
- in 3DSM, in the material editor, convert all GmotorMaterial materials to 3DSM "Standard" materials (a lot (if not all) of the materials will be multi-sub/object, they are fine, just convert all the materials they contain). Make sure you use the TGA textures, not the DDS ones

vizzz

Quote from: Chris Owens on December 21, 2010, 12:34:09 AM

I think I've figured out my problem.  "In scene there is Multimaterial with all scene submaterials. Replace all submaterials from Gmotor2 materials to Standart materials, replace all textures with the same textures in TGA format."

I'm not sure what you mean here, could you go into a little more detail as what I'm suppose to do?

In scene there is Multimaterial with all scene GMOTOR2 submaterials. So you should replace all these submaterials with "Standart material". First of all check diffuse map in gmotor2 material in order to see what bitmap you should convert to TGA. then replace Gmotor2 to Standart. Then in Diffuse map slot place Bitmap material and after select Bitmap you can choose necessary TGA file.

JesusRB

TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi