• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:25:06 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

User Interface Translation Guide

Started by PiBoSo, August 21, 2010, 11:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

August 21, 2010, 11:02:09 PM Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:03:58 PM by PiBoSo
1) Extract english.str from ui.pkz ( PKZ files are renamed ZIP files ) to a temporary directory.

2) Rename english.str to the name of the new language.
For example Francais.str or Deutsch.str

3) Translate strings

STR is a text file containing all strings used in the sim, using the following format:
ID
String
ID
String
ID
String

"TT_" IDs are used for tooltips
"GG_" IDs are used for the inline guide

4) Create a new directory named UI in Kart Racing Pro installation directory
For example: "c:\Program Files\Kart Racing Pro\ui\"

5) Move the new STR file to UI directory

6) Start Kart Racing Pro and select the new language ( Start -> Profiles -> Language ) to check that everything is correct.

7) Please report any problem like:
- Not enough space in user interface for a translated string
- A single ID used in multiple places while different translations would be needed

intre

Hi!
I started to translate it into German, but I can't choose it ingame. :/
Renamed the "english.str" to "Deutsch.str", created a new directory "UI" und put the str-file into this folder, so dunno what exactly the problem is.

Does the game support special letters, e.g. ü, ä, ö, ß ??

Intrepid // TM // Dunlop (KZ2)

Audi TT

Also began to translate into your language simulator. Translated about 20 lines, wanted to test his rayuotu. Did everything as the instructions state, but the simulator does not see this file when you select a language.

intre

intre

Audi TT

I would like to know.
QuoteChoose language and edit /rdefault profile to set name
after the "/" is the letter "r", the sign "/r" has any effect? Or just a typo?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Audi TT on December 09, 2010, 07:34:34 AM
I would like to know.
QuoteChoose language and edit /rdefault profile to set name
after the "/" is the letter "r", the sign "/r" has any effect? Or just a typo?

"/r" is a code used for carriage return.

migf1

December 09, 2010, 11:16:03 AM #9 Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:02:07 PM by migf1
Quote from: Audi TT on December 08, 2010, 03:20:50 PM
Also began to translate into your language simulator. Translated about 20 lines, wanted to test his rayuotu. Did everything as the instructions state, but the simulator does not see this file when you select a language.

Same problem here. Made a /ui/greek.str file inside the KRP installation folder, but it is not shown up inside the game, in the languages selection menu.

Greek Win7 Home Premium 64bit

PiBoSo

Quote from: migf1 on December 09, 2010, 11:16:03 AM

Same problem here. Made a /ui/greek.str file inside the KRP installation folder, but it is not shown up inside the game, in the languages selection menu.

Greek Win7 Home Premium 64bit

Please note that translations only work with the unlocked version of Kart Racing Pro.

migf1

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 09, 2010, 01:15:22 PM
Please note that translations only work with the unlocked version of Kart Racing Pro.

Oh, I see!

I'm almost done with the Greek Translation anyway, but since I have no way of testing it ingame, I'll let our community at gvrteam.gr beta testing it and I'll post it here when it's finished ;)

marcocale

Hi, is there a way to translate the combo box (for example the one for Tyre compound Hard, Soft, Wet or the terms Tight, Loose, Vertical, Flat, Out in Chassis setup)?

Thank You

Marco

PiBoSo

Quote from: marcocale on December 14, 2010, 01:30:51 PM
Hi, is there a way to translate the combo box (for example the one for Tyre compound Hard, Soft, Wet or the terms Tight, Loose, Vertical, Flat, Out in Chassis setup)?

Thank You

Marco

No. All setup settings are hardcoded.

marcocale