• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:55:10 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

My hotlaps at Lonato

Started by The Iceman Marco, July 02, 2011, 06:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman Marco

I made a video with replays of my hotlaps. Which lap is the best? Just look at the driving. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCSV22w22Rk

GhostriderPl

How do you shift on full trottle??   :o
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

The Iceman Marco

I don''t know. I don't drive shifter karts in real. So I don't know what it should be or not. I just went driving with my KC1 setup, did some small adjustments and went driving for some laps. And that lap was the best,

But you say that it's impossible to shift while driving full throttle? I did notice something. I can't shift below the 16000 rpm. At the long straights I always look at my Mychron to see when it reaches the 16000 rpm. Then I shift. But when I shift earlier it just don't go to the next gear. So I always shift by 16000 rpm. But when i use the clutch just before I shift, which is very hard, I can shift whenever I want.

GhostriderPl

In real life your engine and gearbox would explode  ;)

the clutch is ONLY for start.......dont want to teach you because much people dont like that from me (dont know why, only wanna help)

greetings, GhostriderPL

The Iceman Marco

I don't use the clutch with shifting. I use it only for the start. I just shift by 16000 rpm. I have it at both computer here. So I think it could be a bug or something like that. Can you try it too? Then we know it for sure.

And how should you shift then, because I don't know that. You mat teach me that.  ;)

GhostriderPl

i shift when i reach 14500rpm and once lift the trottle and change gear.....not easy to learn this because it must be synchronized........i search a video for you than you can see what i mean ;)

GhostriderPl

not the best video, but for fast search its good enough.....here you can see it..

hope you know what i mean ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EN2NyiAhNU&feature=related

The Iceman Marco

Thanks. I'll try that. But could you also try to shift at 16000 rpm without lift the throttle. If you can do it too, it should be a bug.

GhostriderPl

no problem.....i try it now....

GhostriderPl

i am confused  :o    i can shift at full trottle...dont see this before because i dont try it before ;)

and not only at 16000rpm....at 14500rpm the same...all helps off

i drive some laps to see what the times say.....will see

The Iceman Marco

I think I can shift at 14500 rpm with full throttle, but most of the time I'm to early. So I tried to shift at 16000 rpm, but I think I shift around the 15000. We 'll see.  ;)

I just did a 42.600. I need to practice more with shifting on the real way. I'm to busy with shifting that my lines are not good.  But in the 2nd sector I was almost 0.2 faster then I was with my 42.349. My topspeed was also 1 km higher. So I think it's faster to shift like the real way :o

GhostriderPl

GhostriderPl

i cant drive normally because my pc dont work good......its like hes loading too much and every lap i have the problem that it freeze for a second and i am on the grass.....dont kno what to do

The Iceman Marco

I can't help you with that, sorry.

The shifting like you do in real is much better. It did a 42.220 but my theoretical lap is 42.032. I'm definitely going to drive more laps and try to beat the first time with KS1. I improved my time only by shifting like in real. So I recommend you to shift like in real.   ;)

And when I shift while driving full throttle I can't shift before 15300 rpm.

GhostriderPl

When people talk about everything than everybody can learn something  ;)