• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:59:20 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Track IR support

Started by Cris_Ace, December 11, 2010, 01:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cris_Ace

I was wondering if (and how) this wonderful sim would support track IR;
there's something to set up in the game?
Thanks in advance and keep it up,for me it's the sim of the year !!

Bacchulum

There's an option for 'free track' in the settings, I presumed this was for head tracking (can't be sure as I don't have it :()

Cris_Ace

I've just tried to set heading controlled by tracking but it's still not working in the simulator;am I missing something?
Piboso could you clarify this situation?
Tha track ir work in this ?Thanks

PiBoSo

Quote from: Cris_Ace on December 12, 2010, 02:02:01 PM
I've just tried to set heading controlled by tracking but it's still not working in the simulator;am I missing something?
Piboso could you clarify this situation?
Tha track ir work in this ?Thanks

TrackIR is not supported. FreeTrack is used instead.

Cris_Ace

Well thanks,but freetrack is not compatible with TrackIR5  :'( (older versione supported track ir 1 and 2 but no one support the trackir5 as far as I know);
any chance to get it working in future release?
Or maybe we could ask to Naturalpoint to support directly Kart racing pro by their software?
IMHO track IR support is a must have for all those who use motion heading.

kloid

ohh....bad news !...I hope in the future the track ir will be insert.
This simulator is fantastic and with track ir could be perfect for the raceonline with the world !

Thank you for the moment !  :o

richard watson

Searching on Freetrack, I see that it is compatible with Track IR 5 somehow. Has anyone set up a Track IR 5 through Freetrack to work with Kart Racing Pro? If so or even if you haven't but know how to do it could you post some noob tips on how to do it?

Thanks!

Richard

Cris_Ace

Freetrack is NOT compatible with Track ir.
it was a previous version that was compatible with track IR 1-2 and maybe 3 but of course not with Track ir 5;
then the natural point (track ir developers) asked to freetrack to remove the compatibility from their free program....so it isnt' supported;
what we can do is only hoping that PIBOSO allows track ir support in his software and than we 're done ;)
it's all up him,so let's wait if he can head that way :D

Butzy

I hope to have TrackIR5 support soon..
I love this sim...
With trackir it will be perfect...

Oelfuss

You can enable mouse view and start the trackir mouse emulation. That works.
Only reset / center view doesn't really work. But maybe Piboso can add an key for reset view?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Oelfuss on November 05, 2011, 08:20:43 PM
You can enable mouse view and start the trackir mouse emulation. That works.
Only reset / center view doesn't really work. But maybe Piboso can add an key for reset view?

Right mouse click to reset view.

EVO

November 21, 2011, 05:23:23 AM #11 Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:44:08 AM by evo1087
Im thinking about getting one of these.  Would it only be able to look left and right up and down?  not forward or back? how many degrees of motion? the same as mouse looking feautre built into the game?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Butzy

I try it using by "mouse emoulator"..but for me it is not good enough..
I think that this simulator is very high quality, but this emulation of trackir is not a good quality experience...

I had answer from Naturalpoint for support, but they answered that there is no agreement between naturalpoint and PiBoSo.. :(
I hope in the future they will reach agreement for implement trackir in this great sim :)

PiBoSo

It is possible to adjust mouse-look sensitivity adding the following lines to kart.ini in Kart Racing Pro installation folder:

[core]
mouse_sensitivity = 80

Butzy

I try this parameters, but the real problem are:
-No auto center when you are near to center position... you always have to reset with a button .
-No 6dof..only simple move

TrackIR offer a good software..if you want I can help you for TrackIR develop.