• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:47:52 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Multiple Track Layouts

Started by Nitrox, June 27, 2011, 01:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitrox

As I'm currently working on  track for KRP, which has 3-4 possible layouts and as you are looking for new features for Beta 4, I decided to post my ideas here.

Now, I think the only possibility to create multiple track layouts is creating a seperate track for each layout. If the track has 100MB, this would be a total of 400MB for 4 layouts - with almost identical data inside. So I thought of different ways to realise multiple layouts:

Theoretically, it should be possible to link a file via symlinks, so you only need one .map file. The difficulty is to realise the differences in the map with the same map file. This is the point, where I thought of the marshalls on track, which can be placed in TrackEd without adding them to .map file. What about using this for a file that contains data for some orange cones? (eg. cones_layout1.cfg; cones_layout2.cfg;...) This would give us the ability to create multiple track layouts, only using one .map file and seperate .trp, race data and "cone" files for each layout.

Maybe one could also tweak UI a bit, so you can select the track and then the layout (trp, race data, ...). This would also make it possible to create and use seperate race data for reversed tracks.

Please, think of it, PiBoSo ;)

iamrayman

Yeah, some solution to this would be good - the circuit I've been working on has like 6 major layouts and a load of other options - which I would release if this was implemented somehow.