• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:31:40 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Problem creating .map with fbx2edf

Started by AndyMik, June 20, 2021, 12:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyMik

Hi all, I'm a newbie when it comes to track creation, but I'm willing to learn.

Right now I'm just trying to get a basic track I created up and running in KRP so I know the process works (before I sink in the hours).

I've created a simple track in Race Track Builder (RTB), exported it, renamed all the objects in 3DSim, converted the fbx in fbx2edf to .trp, but when trying to convert to .map the software crashes on Shadow Volume. I don't have any other errors to go on, any ideas or tips to search for what's wrong?

LXS77

Quote from: AndyMik on June 20, 2021, 12:16:39 AMI've created a simple track in Race Track Builder (RTB), exported it, renamed all the objects in 3DSim, converted the fbx in fbx2edf to .trp, but when trying to convert to .map the software crashes on Shadow Volume. I don't have any other errors to go on, any ideas or tips to search for what's wrong?
Hi, what value do you use for supersampling in Shadow Volumes? Have you tried to create a .MAP file without shadows?

AndyMik

I set 2 as supersampling in shadow volumes. Just tried without shadows, and that worked. I can view the map in mapview, but something is off since I can't open the .trp in Tracked either.

LXS77

Right, OK. Have you resized your model before exporting it to the FBX file in 3DSimED (i.e. Edit -> Resize, set X=100, Y=100, Z=100)?

AndyMik

Yes, I resized it in 3DSimED before exporting.

LXS77

OK. Any chance you can PM me a link to your .FBX file?

LXS77

Thanks, AndyMik. Please check your Inbox.