• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:50:45 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Dedicated server

Started by PiBoSo, June 19, 2010, 11:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

oppolo

how can be make a pass for the server? i know in the dedicated.ini password = xxxxx, but in the list of servers it appears without pass

darop88

You can open the server on Windows 2003 Server?
pc requirements to open the server have to be good?

thanks

Schwoni

u can use windows server 2003.
and pc haven`t to be good for just running a server, only ur internet ;)

Hot_Rod

exist posibility to the server open ever?

Who Remember this image?

PsyMan

September 17, 2012, 03:36:10 PM #65 Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 03:41:11 PM by PsyMan
Quick Questions. (apologies if these are already answered elsewhere, still a lot of reading to do)

First, thanks for a fantastic sim, I am new to it but learning quickly and enjoying it much more than any of the other commercial offerings.

1. When bandwidth = high is enabled, what sort of bandwidth throughput per racer is required on average?

2. what are the ID's for the 3 default tracks (short name?) I have in my dedicated.ini file (is this correct?):
track = Lonato ; track ID ( for ex. rye )
track2 = rye
track3 = essay

I have successfully (it seems) set up a dedicated server on my linux box under wine in the UK and have a cable 100mb dl / 10mb ul connection, just wondered how many slots would be too many for that connection. (I am confident the actual hardware will support many more)

Server info (for those that are interested)
Dual Core Intel G840 @ 2.8Ghz (cheap CPU but seems to calculate superpi faster than my gaming rig's phenom x6 1100t, not so fast on other things tho')
4Gb DDR3
60Gb OCZ Agility 3 SSD (system Drive)
Centos 6.3 64bit (KRP DS on Wine with gnome desktop)
Virgin Media 100mb cable connection (100mb down / 10mb up)

+1 for a track vote system :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: PsyMan on September 17, 2012, 03:36:10 PM
Quick Questions. (apologies if these are already answered elsewhere, still a lot of reading to do)

First, thanks for a fantastic sim, I am new to it but learning quickly and enjoying it much more than any of the other commercial offerings.

1. When bandwidth = high is enabled, what sort of bandwidth throughput per racer is required on average?

2. what are the ID's for the 3 default tracks (short name?) I have in my dedicated.ini file (is this correct?):
track = Lonato ; track ID ( for ex. rye )
track2 = rye
track3 = essay

I have successfully (it seems) set up a dedicated server on my linux box under wine in the UK and have a cable 100mb dl / 10mb ul connection, just wondered how many slots would be too many for that connection. (I am confident the actual hardware will support many more)

Server info (for those that are interested)
Dual Core Intel G840 @ 2.8Ghz (cheap CPU but seems to calculate superpi faster than my gaming rig's phenom x6 1100t, not so fast on other things tho')
4Gb DDR3
60Gb OCZ Agility 3 SSD (system Drive)
Centos 6.3 64bit (KRP DS on Wine with gnome desktop)
Virgin Media 100mb cable connection (100mb down / 10mb up)

+1 for a track vote system :)

1. Bandwidth has never been tested, so there are no "official" numbers.
2. The Tracks ID are lonato, essay and hoddesdon

dibu

September 17, 2012, 08:49:17 PM #67 Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:56:54 PM by dibu
Here some inoffical bandwidth values:
For hosting 10 users at one track you need a bandwidth of about 1,5 Mbit/s upload and download to be save. It's very important that your ping doesn't rise at this load (test it from a second line).
The upload for a single user will vary between 7 Kbit/s and 120 Kbit/s (peak) depending on the action at the track and the download rate of the dedicated server is more or less the same.

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on September 17, 2012, 08:49:17 PM
Here some inoffical bandwidth values:
For hosting 10 users at one track you need a bandwidth of about 1,5 Mbit/s upload and download to be save. It's very important that your ping doesn't rise at this load (test it from a second line).
The upload for a single user will vary between 7 Kbit/s and 120 Kbit/s (peak) depending on the action at the track and the download rate of the dedicated server is more or less the same.

Ugh! These numbers are scary!
Bandwidth usage needs to be debugged as soon as possible.

PsyMan

September 17, 2012, 10:15:48 PM #69 Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:19:42 PM by PsyMan
thanks, I have now adjusted the dedicated.ini to reflect that.

Based on 10 users @ 1.5Mb I think that 20 will be fine on a 10Mb upload :D

I guess that

[event]
track = Lonato
track2 = hoddesdon
track3 = essay
category = ; kart category allowed. Empty -> Open; KC1, KC3, KS1

Will work now for an open track with the above rotation (will add more later)

PsyMan

September 17, 2012, 10:36:10 PM #70 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:15:25 PM by PsyMan
hmm, for some reason (server restarted a few times) I now just get kart.exe has stopped working.... oh well, back to the drawing board and a single track I think

EDIT:
Nope, don't think it's my server, it may be my client, connection timed out on all servers now and KRP crashes if I try to join my own via world OR local.

Interesting, maybe it's my router. The joys of PC's eh.

EDIT 2:

Odd, I can't seem to join my own server now either locally or via world, it just crashes my client "kart.exe stopped working", is it just me as I can join others? I will leave it running, can anyone else join or are you getting the same? UK Quickrace fun server? I have killed the process and started it again.

Schwoni

which port are u using for dedicated? krp client use 10600- 10610 u can`t use same ports for dedicated server, if u do u get that crash that u explain here. try to use 10810 orso for dedicated server.exe

PsyMan

September 30, 2012, 03:51:22 PM #72 Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:22:35 PM by PsyMan
Finally got it fixed, I ran it without the dedicated.ini and the crashes stopped so I re-wrote the dedicated.ini from scratch, I must have inadvertantly put an error in there somewhere but now all working. Odd how it ran OK but the issue appeared to the client when joining.

Now running on 10810, thanks for the info :D

How do you admin a server from the client (when joined to a dedicated server with admin password set)

darop88

Hi, which is the command to log in as administrator on dedicated?.

PiBoSo

Quote from: darop88 on October 01, 2012, 06:46:00 PM
Hi, which is the command to log in as administrator on dedicated?.

Using the administrator password.