• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:36:45 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Dedicated server

Started by PiBoSo, June 19, 2010, 11:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racertimm114

Birel-Rotax 42

From my experience, you can't run a dedicated server off of your computer and play KRP on the same computer. As for the actual server, you may have to restart your computer after making changes. It is similar to when a client-side server's host game crashes, the session stays up on the stats until the computer is restarted. Try that, and make sure you save the dedicated.ini.

LauZzZn

i run my servers on my computer for racing, works well
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Birel-Rotax 42

Did you install the KRP directory in multiple places?

jd88x89

Now with multi karts available to run @ 1 time, how are to setup the Category in the dedicated.ini file?

PiBoSo

Seb2a

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 06, 2014, 10:05:36 PM

First post updated.

could you please underline the things you changed in the .txt please :) i'm a bit lost at this moment

PiBoSo

Quote from: Seb2a on April 07, 2014, 08:29:55 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 06, 2014, 10:05:36 PM

First post updated.

could you please underline the things you changed in the .txt please :) i'm a bit lost at this moment

Updated to write that it is now possible to set multiple categories, separated by a '/'.
For example: KF1/F100/FS250

Cory_Hayes

I am trying to host a dedicated server, I try to host, and it says " waiting " when I am running the server, and no server shows up in game, but when I go into http://stats.kartracing-pro.com/servers.php is has the server and no track listed it just has a  " * " where the track is meant to be listed, I am trying to make it run lonato and I am not sure why it isnt showing up, any suggestions?

LauZzZn

Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

PiBoSo

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on April 17, 2014, 02:30:16 PM
I am trying to host a dedicated server, I try to host, and it says " waiting " when I am running the server, and no server shows up in game, but when I go into http://stats.kartracing-pro.com/servers.php is has the server and no track listed it just has a  " * " where the track is meant to be listed, I am trying to make it run lonato and I am not sure why it isnt showing up, any suggestions?

If you want to connect to a dedicated server on the same PC, then a different port must be used. For example 10611.
For the track problem, please post the INI file you are using.

JesusRB

where I put the folder: Dedicated.ini
TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi

Robin Mayer

Hey Piboso,

I did it like this: set params dedicated.ini

Than I created a dedicated.ini file with my editor and put it in C:\Programme x86\Kart Racing Pro

But when I start the server its all standart.

What do I wrong?

Please help.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose - Ayrton Senna

PiBoSo

Quote from: RobinMa on July 23, 2014, 06:39:51 PM
Hey Piboso,

I did it like this: set params dedicated.ini

Than I created a dedicated.ini file with my editor and put it in C:\Programme x86\Kart Racing Pro

But when I start the server its all standart.

What do I wrong?

Please help.

Please make sure that known file extensions are shown: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions#show-hide-file-name-extensions=windows-7