• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:40:02 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Creating a New Track from Scratch

Started by Blackcaim, January 07, 2021, 09:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackcaim

Hi all,

So, when I added the track to KRP, the textures didn't come out. Everything is white. but its reading my track layout, as the racing line follows my track design. Below is the view from map viewer, as you can see, everything is white. Not sure what's wrong, as my materials are all BMP files. Perhaps its the way I attached the materials? I use a bitmap, and drag it to base colour on the materials menu in 3dsmax, and then assign the material to the object.

Blackcaim

Hi,

So, I managed to solve my problem. Firstly, I was using the arnold renderer texture instead of a general texture. Also, I was using a BMP of 32bits instead of 24bits. Having changed these two settings, my track is now viewable on Map viewer. Now to redo the race data and track centreline and I should be good to go.

Raise

I use .tga textures so maybe that has a different affect but I've never had a problem using 32bit textures on any of my tracks no matter the detail level or complexity of the track.

giuseppem

LXS77

Hi, try to make these lines narrower (see the attached image), so they don't extend to other parts of the track.

Blackcaim

Quote from: LXS77 on February 19, 2021, 02:52:41 PMHi, try to make these lines narrower (see the attached image), so they don't extend to other parts of the track.

Right, will do that and let you know. Thanks

Blackcaim

Hi all,

After a long break, I'm trying to install a new track on a new computer. For some reason KRP doesn't seem to be reading the file. Weird thing is that I've even tried installing the new track in both the steam mods folder and the main KRP folder. I've even tried adding the track to the PKZ file using this guide as a basis, but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas on how to get KRP to read my new track? Just to clarify, I've done all the necessary preparations such as making the map, trp, and rdl. I can see my track in mapview, its just not showing up in KRP. Another note is that I am using onedrive, so my documents seem to be linked to said onedrive.

LXS77

Hi Blackcaim, can you please upload a screenshot showing the contents and the full path of the directory where your new track is sitting?