• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:54:58 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

I need help with 3ds max

Started by ARI, December 25, 2020, 10:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARI

It's still not letting me making .map and .trk

LXS77

Well, it's either something wrong with your FBX file or you've done some wrong changes to the track in 3ds Max. Do you have a backup version of your project? Revert to the backup and export the FBX file from 3ds Max again.

LauZzZn

Quote from: ARI on December 29, 2020, 02:04:29 AMIt's still not letting me making .map and .trk
Did you actually wait a bit? The exporter always looks like crashing while converting to your desired file type. For map files it may take several minutes!
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

ARI

The fbx2edf thing just disappears when I click covert

ARI

I'm able to convert when the track is just the tarmac but the moment I do grass, it crashes when I go to convert

LXS77

Quote from: ARI on December 31, 2020, 02:33:34 AMI'm able to convert when the track is just the tarmac but the moment I do grass, it crashes when I go to convert
Can you please upload your grass texture here?

ARI

The file was too big so I sent the mediafire

ARI

Would it be easier to record myself making a track and then send you link? I would just quickly do something with just tarmac and a bit of grass and it shouldn't be any longer than 15 mins.

ARI

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3sgr4uf2f103nae/2020-12-31_14-40-27.mp4/

I made the video anyway, its only 6 mins so can u pls watch it and tell me what im doing wrong. Thx btw for helping me for the past month lol, you've been really been helping me with 3ds.

LXS77

Happy New Year to all of you, guys!!!

Quote from: ARI on December 31, 2020, 07:14:11 PMhttps://www.mediafire.com/file/4wjm3abd7t5bswi/grass2.tga/file
Thank you, the texture file looks OK, though I would consider using DDS. The file size would be way smaller.

Quote from: ARI on December 31, 2020, 08:55:32 PMhttps://www.mediafire.com/file/3sgr4uf2f103nae/2020-12-31_14-40-27.mp4/

I made the video anyway, its only 6 mins so can u pls watch it and tell me what im doing wrong. Thx btw for helping me for the past month lol, you've been really been helping me with 3ds.
You're welcome, ARI, and thanks for the video. However, I might be too drunk now to understand why you are using Box to create a grass surface. LauZzZn advised you exactly what to do:

Quote from: LauZzZn on December 28, 2020, 12:36:10 AMMake a line on the edge of your track, then outline it, connect it, create a surface and it is done

ARI

The grass shows up now and I'm able to spawn but there's no tarmac

ARI

The tarmac doesn't show up on tracked or in the game. I tried just exporting the tarmac and putting it into tracked and I doesn't show up. What should I do?

LXS77

Try to flip the track surface (see the attached image).