• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:20:45 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Beta4 and the future

Started by PiBoSo, June 13, 2011, 04:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 21, 2011, 12:39:34 AM

It's difficult to estimate the number of days to release. In the meantime, a little "appetizer":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JklBuM0bjuY

not only will my computer not be able to handle this but nor will me driving abiltiy. lol.  Thats is amazing.  I have never seen that before in a sim.  Awesome work
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

How does the "support for multiple track layouts and layout editor" works? What about self created tracks?

The Iceman Marco

October 21, 2011, 11:29:55 AM #92 Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 11:51:19 AM by The Iceman Marco
It's awesome! :D

Aritz

I am really surprised with the new feature...I really am

I am thinking about how are going to wear the wet tyres when the track is drying. I often see this kind of problems on the races, first the track is completely wet but you know how the races are... very long waitings seated on the kart and "when is going to start this f**** race?". Meanwhile the track dries and your wet tyres are no longer needed for the race but you cannot change them! You start the race and first you drive faster than the braves who chosen the dry tyres, but in a few laps, your tyres blow up and the race is over for you... Will the KRP wet tyres work like the real life?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on October 21, 2011, 12:02:43 PM

I am thinking about how are going to wear the wet tyres when the track is drying. I often see this kind of problems on the races, first the track is completely wet but you know how the races are... very long waitings seated on the kart and "when is going to start this f**** race?". Meanwhile the track dries and your wet tyres are no longer needed for the race but you cannot change them! You start the race and first you drive faster than the braves who chosen the dry tyres, but in a few laps, your tyres blow up and the race is over for you... Will the KRP wet tyres work like the real life?

Not so surprising. With dynamic rubber build-up done making the wet track dry is not difficult.
In KRP wet tires on dry track get very hot and wear much faster, but they never blow up.
Your feedback is needed to know if they are realistic or not.

P.S.
Is KRP the first sim/game to have fully dynamic surface? GP3 and SBK X and F1 2010 all had some kind of "evolving" track, but was it pre-calculated on the racing line only?

intre

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 21, 2011, 01:09:05 PM
P.S.
Is KRP the first sim/game to have fully dynamic surface? GP3 and SBK X and F1 2010 all had some kind of "evolving" track, but was it pre-calculated on the racing line only?

I think it is the first SIM with a fully dynamic surface!

Will the track be completey dry after a certain time? Or is it just the idealline which is dry during the whole race?

Intrepid // TM // Dunlop (KZ2)

PiBoSo

Quote from: intre on October 21, 2011, 01:52:55 PM
Will the track be completey dry after a certain time? Or is it just the idealline which is dry during the whole race?

The whole track slowly gets dry.

Aritz

Brilliant

More videos, like the drying in fast speed for example, will be great to watch :) You are creating a big expectation in other sims forums ;)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on October 21, 2011, 02:28:29 PM
More videos, like the drying in fast speed for example, will be great to watch :)

This video is quite poor. It doesn't show the actual drying nor the fact that the feature is fully dynamic. And the external camera is not spectacular.
But this was meant for internal use only, until someone pressed to publish it  :)
Anyway, the plan is to release Beta4 as soon as possible, not to make more videos.

You are creating a big expectation in other sims forums ;)

???

Racehard

October 21, 2011, 02:58:52 PM #99 Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:03:31 PM by Racehard
Woah great  :D

I have a question though, will there be areas on the track where the water creates puddles which last longer and other areas which dry up way faster because of the tracks slope?

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 21, 2011, 02:43:08 PM

You are creating a big expectation in other sims forums ;)

???

I think he means, the fact that krp has dynamic track surface will raise expectations for all the other sims around or future ones.

Nitrox

This looks epic!

I play F1 2010/2011 and can confirm that there is something like dynamic weather and rubber too. However, it feels rather scripted. It's more a change of the general grip level than more grip on ideal line vs. less on the other parts of the track. Drying track is ok. I hope (and know) that KRP will do better :)

PiBoSo

October 21, 2011, 03:09:08 PM #101 Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:10:43 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Racehard on October 21, 2011, 02:58:52 PM
I have a question though, will there be areas on the track where the water creates puddles which last longer and other areas which dry up way faster because of the tracks slope?

No. Puddles are a visual effect only.

Aritz

It looks like hard to do then fine. Do the puddles texture go to a only wet (black) texture one? Then the black wet area will disappear where the karts pass?

I am impatient, sorry! lol

andri

What can I say is FANTASTIC. This sim is and will be the best sim.

Bruno Saboia

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 21, 2011, 01:09:05 PM
Quote from: Aritz on October 21, 2011, 12:02:43 PM

Not so surprising. With dynamic rubber build-up done making the wet track dry is not difficult.
In KRP wet tires on dry track get very hot and wear much faster, but they never blow up.
Your feedback is needed to know if they are realistic or not.

P.S.

AFAIK, PiBoSo, GTR2 also featured this. But, from my memories, it was rather a scripted thing as well. The more you race in the track, the more "rubbered" the track gets, up to a limit, and then you can go faster.
"Racing, competing, is in my blood. Is part of me, part of my life".

-Ayrton Senna