• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:18:03 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

help to convert rfactor track please

Started by buzzer, June 17, 2020, 11:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzer

You cannot see attachments on this board.
You cannot see attachments on this board.
hi, i used search, checked it, but no result.
can you check my files?

LXS77

Right, OK, your start/finish line is located at the end of the track (692 m.), but it should come at the beginning (like first meters of the track), so try to set Start/Finish Line Long: to 0 and see if it helps.

Also, the centerline seems to contain too many small segments (especially the one here - image attached), try to simplify it. As a general rule, the fewer segments the line has the better for the performance.

buzzer

buzzer

maybe because the main afalt consists of several objects?
ex: TRKASPH_object1, next 5meters - TRKASPH_object2....
thanks for help!

LXS77

Hmm, any chance you could PM me a link to your .MAP file, so I can test the track at my end?

Object names are fine, you can have as many trkasph_obj items as you need. Issues like this are usually related to the centerline or Race Data parameters.

buzzer

September 01, 2020, 02:48:59 PM #20 Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 03:36:20 PM by buzzer
be careful when turning, I`ve not prepared the objects grass and gravel, you may fall down :)
in archive - textures, fbx, map and all )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lx1xsimrzx4la6/primring.rar?dl=0

LXS77

Thanks for the files, Buzzer! It's all working now, I'll post some explanations later on today...

LXS77

OK, mate, so, basically, the root of the issue is that you haven't finished forming the terrain along the track :D

Edges of lines created in the Race Data can't hang in the air and should be resting on objects, which the game can recognise. Therefore, we start with making these lines narrower to match the existing terrain (an amended .RDF is attached).

Then we need to correct some TRKGRAS object names, so the game can see them. When renaming objects in 3DSimED (I assume, you're using this package to create an .FBX), please bear in mind that Object Name and Instance fields should have exactly the same values (see the attached image). Compile a new .TRP file, copy the amended .RDF into your track folder and you should be good to go. The laptimer will start working when a full lap is completed.

If you wish to run a quick test, please use the attached .TRP.

buzzer

LXS77

Glad I could help! All the best with the project!