• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:52:44 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Formula A Please!

Started by Alan Dove, December 09, 2010, 10:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racehard

January 11, 2011, 09:25:02 PM #15 Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 10:49:02 PM by Racehard
Hey guys I have great news again, I wrote a polite email to several kart engine companies, asking for a 100cc power curve and finally I got an answer by Iame :D
They sent me a power/torque curve of a 100cc ICA REEDJET engine this one is from 2005 if I read the information on the sheet correct, and it's way more powerful than the one above (over 30 horsepower as you can see) :D

I hope this animates you to work on the ICA class for kart racing pro, we all would thank you a million times :)

This is how the engine looks like:
http://www.ak-racing-shop.de/iamereedjet.htm

mahelgel

Having driven quite a bit (no racing, just training) with both ICA and ICAjr, it would be great to have those in the sim...

Although, i'm pretty sure the one i drove had a bit more rpm, and that the power curve perhaps hold on a bit longer on the rpm before it dropped compared to the two showed here. It was stated that it had 32hp, and that it rev'ed to over 19.000rpm, but i only drove, so i wouldn't know :p I had a local mechanic doing the engine/carburettor work, as i mostly changed tiers, put in the gass and drove :p

Only rear brakes, power that comes on like a turbo almost and direct driven (the ICA, not the ICAjr)... boy was it fun. Here at the local track, the gearing was made to make the top speed about 120km/h, and the lap took 38sec on a good lap (averge speed of 79km/h). Those where the days... :)

Bacchulum

mahelgel, do you know if yours is a reed-valve or a rotary-valve engine?

Eslotes

One of the best motors are tm k11b :)
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

mahelgel

Quote from: Bacchulum on January 15, 2011, 03:26:31 AM
mahelgel, do you know if yours is a reed-valve or a rotary-valve engine?
I think it was a rotary valve, but i do'nt have it any more, so i can't verify that...  I also drove a Rotax Max after the ICA (only for a couple of months, as it got stolen and that ended my driving career, atleast for the time beeing), and the rotax felt much more civilized... More even power curve, more power on lower revs and topped out earlier. Me being a bit heavy (fat to be honest) meant the power low down, and more even power curve gave, me about the same lap time as the ICA around the loacal track :)

ajonson

That old karts didnt go faster then the new kf2 karts. And they did always went bang if u didnt fix the carburlator perfect...

andri

Lol, rotary valve is too old man. I got a TM K11B - This one is a very strong motor. 32hp with +/- 20000RPM. and it's a reed valve. The maxter 100 too. The most important is the carb setting, otherwise it's the best motor ever exist. I use a 125cc vortex rok with clutch now. Sure, it's good because of the electronic and clutch, but the 100cc without clutch feel better.

Racehard

Yeah the power/torque curve above is from an Iame reedjet with30+ hp, so a quite powerfull 100cc engine right?