• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:07:10 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Concerns on overall experience

Started by Alessandro Ceronetti, October 21, 2018, 11:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alessandro Ceronetti

Hello

I feel like Kart Racing Pro has gone downhill on a few aspects since the end of the betas... I remember back in Beta14 I think, damage to axel, chassis, steering column aswell as bodywork damage was a thing. I think this should be added back. Also, on the multiplayer experience. As many people will probably agree with me, as soon as you want to race on multiplayer (using pre-final and final or second chance heats etc.) I don't think it's possible to do it without something going wrong. Again, back in the betas, not only people could host sessions without messing around with their internet box, but the racing would also run smoothly. I am not trying to criticise the whole program itself but I wish those few things worked like they once used to. As the things listed have already been achieved before, I don't get why they shouldn't be able to work? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks, I hope most will agree🙂
Alessandro Ceronetti,

Senior X30 Driver,
OKC Administrator and Founder
Kart Racing Pro World Champion
2x OKC Champion
4x OKC Vice-Champion
Season 1 SKM X30 World Champion
FPR Official Driver

Cory_Hayes

Damage to Axle
Was a good, but broken feature.
I could bend the axle going around the first corners of (old) Lonato, but I could by spinning the kart into a wall at over 100kmh(60mph).
Would be nice to see that feature back in the future( as long as its not broken )

Damage to chassis
?

Damage to steering column
I thought you could still bend all your steering?

bodywork damage
Also still a thing. Just not a very attractive damage model/not realistic.

The multiplayer experience really isn't all that great these days, with server crashes/lag etc.
IMO the multiplayer from the beta before the 2015 Birel was added was when it was at its best ( Based off of the SKWC experience where we could have 28 karts in a server, no server crashes. The only problem I did have was a 280 ping because I was joining an American server, but even then, karts weren't jumping around that much, just I had to be careful about touching people ).

Now the online is
You have to look up how to port forward and then host a server that usually crashes after a couple hours ( If you're lucky ) and its just over all a bit of a laggy experience where as it didn't used to be.

**Note**
Not trying to bash, I've been trying to support KRP a bit more over the past year or so, I assume the multiplayer " updates " have just been testing stuff to see if it works or what ever and that we'll get any updates that the GP-Bikes and MX-Bikes guys get to their multiplayer.

PiBoSo

October 22, 2018, 09:35:10 PM #2 Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 09:37:00 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Cory_Hayes on October 22, 2018, 02:41:44 AM
Now the online is
You have to look up how to port forward and then host a server that usually crashes after a couple hours ( If you're lucky ) and its just over all a bit of a laggy experience where as it didn't used to be.

Is the dedicated server crash a recent problem?
When did it start roughly?
Does it happen with all tracks and karts, even the stock ones?

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 22, 2018, 09:35:10 PM
Quote from: Cory_Hayes on October 22, 2018, 02:41:44 AM
Now the online is

Yes

from general server crashing started when Genk was added ( Release 1 )
But dedicated server crashing, maybe around Release 3/4 in that area?

Yes

I would be going for lap records in a DrivingItalia server and it will just randomly die.
Usually it seems when more karts are on track and putting laps in at the same time that the servers crash faster.

Its usually after 100+ laps are put down I've found.

Kasper Petersson

Also a thing I've noticed is that when you have the slightest collision, like even just a scrape with another driver you just get stuck in each other and sometimes just flies across the map

Racer80

November 15, 2018, 09:05:26 PM #5 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:18:39 PM by Racer80
Quote from: Kasper Petersson on October 23, 2018, 08:06:53 AM
Also a thing I've noticed is that when you have the slightest collision, like even just a scrape with another driver you just get stuck in each other and sometimes just flies across the map
This is a big problem for racing and will be for championships, I really hope it can be fixed. This could also be related to pushing of front bumper to rear, where it would just make the kart in front swerve off when they're trying to drive in a straight line.

Kasper Petersson

Quote from: Racer80 on November 15, 2018, 09:05:26 PM
Quote from: Kasper Petersson on October 23, 2018, 08:06:53 AM
This is a big problem for racing and will be for championships, I really hope it can be fixed. This could also be related to pushing of front bumper to rear, where it would just make the kart in front swerve off when they're trying to drive in a straight line.

im pretty sure all of this is because of the reaaallyy bad netcode, so hopefully it gets improved shortly