• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:13:20 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Fix Suggestions

Started by evo1087, June 02, 2011, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffrey Rietveld

Quote from: Racehard on June 30, 2012, 04:39:00 PM
+1 But like eslotes said, birel is important too and I hope it's already in the making. But the more bodykits the better and that new kit looks absolutely mindblowing.

Aritz

Beta 7 is close and we have to help Piboso. Here my MUST today's fixes:

-Grass must clean very quicly after we return to the track, both dry and wet, but very very fast in wet conditions (I wish to eliminate this effect on wet, I've never seen grass on my tyres when I drive rainning)

-More pressure for wet tyres. It is very comun to use 1,2 bar or 1,6 bar for those tyres on cold! (NEVER less than 1 bar) And they have to work on very high pressures (today I've tested and 1,2 bar was too much, so it is wrong)

-You probably have this fixed, but don't forget to put the tyre texture in the correct sense :)

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: Aritz on July 04, 2012, 04:42:17 PM
-More pressure for wet tyres. It is very comun to use 1,2 bar or 1,6 bar for those tyres on cold! (NEVER less than 1 bar) And they have to work on very high pressures (today I've tested and 1,2 bar was too much, so it is wrong)

It depends on which tyres you use. I have Vega raintyres now, don't know which, but you shouldn't do more as 0.9-1.1 bar with them. If you drive with 2 bar they burn like you're driving on a dry track. While for the Maxxis SLW I had in the past I needed around 1.8 bar to get them perfect.

Aritz

Quote from: The Iceman Marco on July 04, 2012, 06:55:47 PM
Quote from: Aritz on July 04, 2012, 04:42:17 PM

It depends on which tyres you use. I have Vega raintyres now, don't know which, but you shouldn't do more as 0.9-1.1 bar with them. If you drive with 2 bar they burn like you're driving on a dry track. While for the Maxxis SLW I had in the past I needed around 1.8 bar to get them perfect.

The problem is that KRP only allows 1 bar maximum. It will be usefull to have each tyre specification, Soft, Hard and Wet. Soft works perfect with 1 bar, but what about Hard and Wet tyres?

For example VEGA tyres has their suggested pressure for the new FH compound at 0,6 bar:

http://www.vegatyres.com/en/pneu_comp11_fh.htm

LIAM-36-AUS

Quote from: laraarsa on June 30, 2012, 07:33:18 AM
+1 That Arrow looks amazing!
yeah it came out a month ago,   its called the Arrow X2,people are just buying the paint kits so there kart looks cooler!!!!!  ;D (i want to do that aswell ::) )

Ryan Harris

Not sure if im a fan of the sharper front pod :S (Raceing purposes) But it looks amazing!!!!

Aritz

Quote from: Aritz on July 04, 2012, 09:03:04 PM
The problem is that KRP only allows 1 bar maximum. It will be usefull to have each tyre specification, Soft, Hard and Wet. Soft works perfect with 1 bar, but what about Hard and Wet tyres?

For example VEGA tyres has their suggested pressure for the new FH compound at 0,6 bar:

http://www.vegatyres.com/en/pneu_comp11_fh.htm

I was not clear enough: Vega recomends that pressure in cold and Piboso tyres works perfect at 1 bar but hot, which is 0,7 in cold (more or less)

DPKarter#43

EVO

I agree, not aerodynamic at all just a fashion statement
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

Other fix for WET:

-Tyres should work in the first meters, they don't need too long to heat as the dry tyres need.

-Drift sound should be eliminated

oppolo

i tried slick tyres on wet track and it is almost like curling, i have never drive a real kart with slick tyres on wet track, here there are many persons who drive real karts, what's your opinion about? a real grip both in dry and wet condition would be good in tracks that are partially wet and are becoming dry

Aritz

slicks are critical with tyre temp, so when the tyre pass through a little pudle, it colds and forget about to turn. Even when the track has not puddles but it is wet, the grip is very low, it is very hard to drive.
You can imagine how it is with a complete wet track when rains...

But you are right, krp exagerates this effect, maybe because it is very difficult to simulate the caster effect which "dries" the track when the steering wheel is turned (lack of english for explain this better, sorry)

Aritz

More wet conditions fixes:

-Grass or Soil should not have the particles effect, that only when dry.

-It might be better to change the pasted grass on the tyres to a mud or something like that. But as I said, it should be gone fast, that is what water does; clean things  ;D

Diddy4957

there needs to be more grip with slicks in the wet, ive had races where it rains halfway through the race when we where on slicks and the kart was still controlable. You can avoid spinning in real life but in the game you just crash the moment you get on track. If this can be fixed then it would be nice to be able to have a race where it rains during the race so people have to drive on slicks

EVO

how did yo set up this condtion.  I think if set the track to wet and sunny sky and run many laps you will get a partially dried track.  That you CAN drive with slicks
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website