• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:24:11 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Why can't do a full race?

Started by Pensionisti23, August 08, 2018, 12:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pensionisti23

I am just going in some key points for drivers in krp servers cause it's impossible to do a race, as most of the time crash in first corner or just can't even rolling start at all.

1. Practice, practice, practice.
First everybody before going for a race should know very well the track and the car, you can't just enter e server and race. To do so you need to practice a lot, and that's the only way you can avoid crashes and be competitive and last a race of 10-20 laps. Otherwise you'll crash someone or yourself and just finish far behind from first lap and than deliberately disconnect.

2.consistency
The race is not a hotlap or just one good lap and you win, the race is being consistent and not crashing through all the race long. There's nothing good on doing like crazy just from the start and in first corner and ruin everything and never finish a race. I tried a lot times and with the best drivers in krp but never managed to do a full race, in most cases crash from the first corner. Please doing a race means finishing it, so no point to overdrive and do a good lap and than go out for a bit and loose more than you could win in 10 laps. and if you're fast and consistent you will win anyway no need to overdrive, if you don't finish the race it doesn't matter if you're fast or not.

3. Leaving room, and passing right.
Yeah, there's no point of defending very hard a corner if someone taken the inside or blocking someone, in most cases you will both go out and ruin everything. If someone taken the inside or you're not sure, you can leave a some space or just keep the line and don't move too much to avoid collision. No one is so fast to resist a sudden move and in sim racing it is impossible, so please follow racing lines and don't move left right like crazy. Also if you're not sure don't go for an overtake make sure the other driver can see you before going for an overtake.

4. Restarting the race
That's a very stupid thing and doesn't help anyone. It doesn't help good driver for doing their races and win some of them or doing some battles, and also doesn't help new drivers learn that a race is mater of finishing it and being careful. So restarting a race just cause someone crashed is stupid.

There's a lot more but for me these are crucial and should be known if we want to finish some races and do some good races, if you see the statistics ranking system you will see that also the best driver have no ranking, that's cause no one has finished a race to be ranked. There's only some 2 people races finished.
I wrote all this cause i think we should all be responsible for our driving so we can have good races and have fun all together. Otherwise it will continue like we are now where we can2even regularly start a race.

Cory_Hayes

1. Practice, practice, practice.
" To do so you need to practice a lot"

Its just a random online lobby race, so any track time is actual track time, unless you're hosting a league race, expect slow people to be all over the place.

2.consistency
"I tried a lot times and with the best drivers in krp but never managed to do a full race "

Trust me, you didn't try with the best drivers in KRP the actual "best drivers in KRP " rarely go publicly into sessions ( I have been statistically the fastest since 2014 and I know they they only do offline testing, or the odd session with a couple mates )

So the fact that you're having these race problems with who you think are the best in KRP kind of contradicts itself as the best in KRP can link up laps and not take everyone out

I am interested in who you have been driving with though, because there are a few common people who take others out.

3. Leaving room, and passing right.

In league racing all of what you said is possible, public sessions, not as much though obviously.

4. Restarting the race

For the most part since they're the random online races, people will just restart the race over and over just for the sake of having an extra person on track to race.

League racing is another story.

Pensionisti23

Cory, it was mostly to note the problems on public servers and to avoid and have fun as much as possible. I know in closed groups it can be better but still a problem and there's not much groups. And although those are just public servers it doesn't mean to do ping pong. Maybe the ones i drove with are not the best and no one knows who's the best in krp as there's no ranking at all, but I did race Usually with you if you remember, ruben, gonzalo, kasper, end others, i am not saying those are the guys who crashed as they're really good. And mostly my post was not for very good guys as they now how to race it is mostly for new guys that wonders how to do good races in krp, and note some elementary things so we can have more fun, cause in the end everybody that comes to a public server comes to race and these was some points. As for the leagues and groups not easy to find.

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: Pensionisti23 on August 08, 2018, 03:48:17 PM
Cory, it was mostly to note the problems on public servers and to avoid and have fun as much as possible. I know in closed groups it can be better but still a problem and there's not much groups. And although those are just public servers it doesn't mean to do ping pong. Maybe the ones i drove with are not the best and no one knows who's the best in krp as there's no ranking at all, but I did race Usually with you if you remember, ruben, gonzalo, kasper, end others, i am not saying those are the guys who crashed as they're really good. And mostly my post was not for very good guys as they now how to race it is mostly for new guys that wonders how to do good races in krp, and note some elementary things so we can have more fun, cause in the end everybody that comes to a public server comes to race and these was some points. As for the leagues and groups not easy to find.

There is a ranking system but its just not very effective. ( Well the online isn't full enough to make it effective )
What is your in game name?

Raise

Honestly not completing an online race and or crashing in the first corner is a problem in all public lobbies of all sims. People have no commitment to finishing a race so they're over aggressive, even at the peak of skwc when the top 10 in that series did mock starts and banter races people constantly crashed out and that bunch was very easily the best in krp. Even if you got a lobby of people who weren't being super agro you'd still have issues because krp has pretty alright net code.

Pensionisti23

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on August 08, 2018, 04:26:48 PM
Quote from: Pensionisti23 on August 08, 2018, 03:48:17 PM

There is a ranking system but its just not very effective. ( Well the online isn't full enough to make it effective )
What is your in game name?

My name in game is Pensionisti

Pensionisti23

I see the ranking system in krp is very correct in the way it ranks the drivers. It collects how many races you've finished and position. And the bad news is there are very few people that did finished a race. Btw Cory you have no races finished, i guess league or group races are also recorded, so i don't see where are those group races!? I really like krp and enjoy everytime i do battles in there and usually other drivers like doing battles with me, maybe cause of consistency and cause the battles last some laps, (especially Ruben nabi haha, sorry for pointing your name Ruben). Actually now that i think it might be better that people that host a server put the ranking criteria too so drivers be more responsible to not loose ranking and finish the race. Maybe will start just by hosting one myself with the c ranking as criteria. At this moment there's only 1 or 2 drivers that have ranking, so maybe it's a good point to start for the good of krp and kart racing. As its very bad that a very good sim like krp don't have some good races and leagues.

Cory_Hayes

1. the rank re sets every time the stats re set
2. It doesn't take into consideration modded engines/tracks.

Cory_Hayes

August 09, 2018, 02:44:18 AM #8 Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:10:16 AM by Cory_Hayes
+ because the way servers have been broken this release, the league races have been done in a practice session.