• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:35:00 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Alfano or Mychron?

Started by Stark, May 31, 2011, 07:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stark

Im looking for a good "electronic device" so i can see laptimes, RPM, water temp and how long the engine has been going (engine time counter). I think those are the only things I need, and they are probably standard in all alfanos, mychrons or unipro devices. But I have no idea what to choose. Price is important. The cheapest Alfano (everyone seems to use Alfano for some reason), costs about 350 euro in Sweden (Alfano Pro V2). Thats a bit to much for me. So I started looking at other devices instead and found Mychron 4 Basic; about 300 euros. I then found Mychron 3 Club that seems to be almost exactly the same, except that it is a older model, but price is about 210 euro. I havent looked into Unipro yet as it seems they are even more expensive.
Can someone help me choose?! :)

JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

Eslotes

Alfano best way Stark, Because its better and cheaper
I have Astro + Alfano Wheel and it cost 600 euros LOL but u should if u dont have to much money to give out then buy Alfano PRO V2 in spain chepeast :)
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Aritz

I hate Alfano and I am not the only one :D

I have UNIPRO, search about it ;)

T.J. Koyen

Everyone here in the States uses the MyChron. Way easier to use, very reliable, lots of features, and not sure how it will be where you are, but the support is beyond excellent. GPS and all the data logging is quite easy with the MyChron.

You don't necessarily need a new MyChron 4 though in my opinion. The 3, 3 Gold, and 3 Plus are all really useful too. To be honest, I don't use half the new features on the 4.
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

Aritz

I know Mychron 4 and it usually crashes... I was Spirit Team mechanic and we had a lot of problems with them.

Take a moment and look for unipro, I have one and I love it; easy to handle, very clear screen, a lot of info at once...

T.J. Koyen

Quote from: Aritz on May 31, 2011, 08:23:24 PM
I know Mychron 4 and it usually crashes... I was Spirit Team mechanic and we had a lot of problems with them.

Take a moment and look for unipro, I have one and I love it; easy to handle, very clear screen, a lot of info at once...

I've honestly never had an issue with my MyChrons and I've been using them since the MyChron 2 about 7 years ago, but I'm sure there are faults with each system.

I've heard very good things about the Unipro as well. The Kosmic team here uses them.
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

Aritz

in the photo you can see:

60.2 Engine temp
5 Laps done
0.58.74 my terrible last lap
86.0 Speed
13,0 RPM

6 buttons, in Alfano there are 2 and its almost impossible to handle them ;)

5 lights, F1 style for gear (green, yellow, red) and green when you improve your lap

Eslotes

Unipro is to expensive BASIC KIT 502 euros wtf
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Aritz

Years ago I had Mychron 3 and I liked a lot, no problems at all and quite easy. But it was simplier and without possibility of new gadgets

Stark

May 31, 2011, 09:50:33 PM #9 Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 07:02:34 PM by Stark
Thank you for your answers  :) Im pretty sure that Mychron 3 is good enough for me. I was a bit worried about the quality because of the difference in price but that doesnt seem to be a problem. The rest of the money will be spent on a new set of tires  :D

EDIT: Gonna buy a used Mychron 4 tomorrow. For about 270 euro I get all the basic stuff + Pc program with usb stick + spare magnetic sensor and so on  :) If I were going to buy all this stuff new it will cost me over 400 euros so it feels like a good deal.   :D
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio