• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

I have made my local track in 3d, dont know how to put in game.

Started by marc512, June 08, 2011, 08:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc512

Hi there, i have created my local track in 3d. Was going to make it for rfactor but gave up. The track is VERY basic, i mean basic. there are no textures to it. But its modeled to scale using lasers around the track and put into autocad 2010 ( can be imported to 3ds max)
I have tried texturing and i have read over the track creation rules. I have no idea on where to start! Im good at the 3d stuff but not any of the coding, textureing etc.

As you can see, i have put a birds eye view of the track on the program, imported the 3d track, then i scaled the image to 1.7m (and 1.5m at some points) then i put the 3d modeled track onto the image and just edited the bits that didn't match up. It was laser scanned at first but it wasnt accurate so i used a overhead image as a base template.

As much as i would hate to say it but could i give someone a challenge? im all for up for helping as much as i can but beyond this point im useless for other things. Can easily provided other pictures of the track etc and give kerb dimensions/profile etc.

If any questions or you want to take up the offer or even be a tutor and help me through it all i would be grateful!

The track is Crail, located in scotland. The website is www.eskc.net, i am the webmaster there and also help out a lot around the track. Sorry if the 1 post makes me look like a *troll*
Thanks
Marc

Racehard

Hey Marc,
seems pretty complicated, unfotunately I am no expert when it comes to this kind of stuff.

But I think I might have a solution.
You could try to create the basic track kerbs etc. as far as you can get with bob's trackbuilder (a beginner friendly program to create a track for rFactor) and afterwards you could even try to improve the track somehow with your 3d skills, after you imported it into 3ds max or to somwhere else.
Take a look at this track: http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=354.0
Aritz created it completely by the means of btb.

Regards.

marc512

cheers for that! i have bobs track builder but i cant really get used to it. I see track makers on the forum exporting stuff from 3ds max and putting straight into the game. Is there any way i can do that? i can test it without textures etc
I already have the basic 3d track its just putting it into the game im needing to know.
Thanks
Marc

PiBoSo

Quote from: marc512 on June 10, 2011, 01:51:16 PM
cheers for that! i have bobs track builder but i cant really get used to it. I see track makers on the forum exporting stuff from 3ds max and putting straight into the game. Is there any way i can do that? i can test it without textures etc
I already have the basic 3d track its just putting it into the game im needing to know.
Thanks
Marc

Have you read this http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=11.0 info?

Racehard

Take a look at this topic, at the end of the tutorial it tells you step by step how to export from 3ds max and how to bring it ingame and at the beginning what you need for exporting.
http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=196.0