• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:46:42 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

VR + Tuck (Oculus)

Started by dibu, March 31, 2018, 07:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

March 31, 2018, 07:46:28 PM Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 07:50:57 PM by dibu
I use an Oculus and if I press the "Tuck" button parts of the tucked helmet appear in front of my view but my own view doesn't change. Whithout VR my view changes as expected.

Is it possible to combine the new "Driver Tracking" feature with VR? Or is it only for FreeTrack/ TrackIR and EDTracker? If I tuck my head with the Rift ("Driver Tracking" enabled) nothing happens.

PiBoSo

In VR mode, the camera is no longer directly linked to tucking, because there were several reports that it was extremely nauseating.
The "Driver Tracking" option should work in VR, too. Please make sure to move the head forward and down.

dibu

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 05, 2018, 10:58:43 PM
In VR mode, the camera is no longer directly linked to tucking, because there were several reports that it was extremely nauseating.
OK - understood

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 05, 2018, 10:58:43 PM
The "Driver Tracking" option should work in VR, too. Please make sure to move the head forward and down.
If I activate "Driver Tracking" my "Tuck" button is disabled - OK.
But whatever I do I'm not able to tuck with my Oculus. I also tried to combine with other "Cockpit View" options in Simulation settings.
Looking around and driving is no problem. What am I doing wrong?

PiBoSo

April 09, 2018, 10:37:37 PM #3 Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:36:32 PM by PiBoSo

Driver tracking seems to be working correctly on the Oculus moving the eyes close to the dash.
Please note however that there is no visual change, except for the driver animation.