• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:25:55 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Track editor for dummies

Started by kloid, December 14, 2010, 11:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kloid

Hi all,
I'd like to create a new track with 3D Studio MAX.
Someone could describe the walkthrough for create a new one or edit a track existent !

Thanks in advance
Daniele

OS-Chris

If your just starting out with 3D modelling, I wouldn't recommend 3D Studio Max as it has a steep learning curve. Your better off creating the track in Bobs Track Builder (BTB) which has a far shorter learning curve, then converting it to KRP.

There is so much to learn to create a track from scratch (let alone the conversion process which isn't a walk in the park either), I doubt anyone can give you a walkthrough from start to finish. You'll have to learn step-by-step. When you come up against something you don't understand, search online for tutorials or post in one of the many BTB and/or 3DSM forums. That's how most modders learn to do it (besides lots of trial & error). GL ;)

kloid

Thanks for your advice.
I will try with your suggest !

RV23

Hi Every one,

I'm just starting to use KRP and got fascinated with the chance to build the track I race in real life, and since I have some experience in 3D using LightWave 3D I will like to know if I can use it instead of 3DMax?

Thanks ...!

Raise

Quote from: RV23 on January 17, 2018, 06:28:21 PM
Hi Every one,

I'm just starting to use KRP and got fascinated with the chance to build the track I race in real life, and since I have some experience in 3D using LightWave 3D I will like to know if I can use it instead of 3DMax?

Thanks ...!

First off this post is 8 years old, you can create your own post for this or any other question you have especially as the people in this thread before you havent gotten on the forum in years. Second assuming your experience with lightwave is enough that you are proficient in it yes you can most likely make tracks but I wouldnt know the recommended process. You will still need 3ds max 2010 to export to game or try and use the FBX to edf exporter assuming lightwave can export fbx