• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:48:54 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Ports forwarding, connection timeout

Started by Pensionisti23, October 27, 2017, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pensionisti23

Hello

can please anyone explain in detail the ports and dedicated server thing. whatever i do i get connection timeout. i see there dedicated servers that has 2-3 players but when i try to join it says connection timeout in some other i can join. very frustrating as there no info of what is the reason.

1. In my router should i forward the same ports of the game to my local ip, or use a different, and if it should different which ports are suggested?

2. in my router and guess in general there are external ad internal ports should they be the same?

3. Does the game needs only the 2 ports 54400 and 54410 or is it a range from 54400 to 54410 as my router asks me to forward a range of ports?

4. is there a difference if the server is in the same machine where the game is running?

please someone explain as good as possible as i think everybody needs it, right now we are forced to play on drivingitalia.net servers only?

Thank you!

PiBoSo

3. Only the two ports 54400 and 54410 should be needed.

4. If a client runs on the same PC, the dedicated server cannot use port 54410. It should use a different port. For example: 54411

Pensionisti23

ok but there still something missing, i do forward the 54411 to the machine where i open the server in the 54411 port and it doesn't work. i do forward all of those ports to the machine where i am opening the server, cause don't want to mess with running the game in same machine yet but it still doesn't work. opened also the 53 tcp port for the dns still nothing.

dibu

Quote from: Pensionisti23 on October 29, 2017, 11:13:37 AM
ok but there still something missing, i do forward the 54411 to the machine where i open the server in the 54411 port and it doesn't work. i do forward all of those ports to the machine where i am opening the server, cause don't want to mess with running the game in same machine yet but it still doesn't work. opened also the 53 tcp port for the dns still nothing.

Which is your server? If it's KRP_Uruguay_Argentina, then it's runnung at port 54410 which causes the collision with your client ports (UDP 54400 and 54410).

Depending on your browser you can hover over the JOIN button of your server at http://stats.kartracing-pro.com/servers.php or copy the shortcut of the button and insert it to an editor.
Your server shows:  krp://186.50.161.18:54410/192.168.1.22:54410/KRP_Uruguay_Argentina/0/lonato//Open

If it's a different server, please post more details what exactly happens.

If you are using separate PCs for game and server do this:
- Forward UDP 54400 and 54410 to the gaming pc
- Forward UDP 54411 (or another port) to your server. The shurtcut for your server should look like this:
  kart.exe -dedicated 54411 -set params dedicated.ini

There is no need to open port 53 (DNS). It's only name resolution and if you are able to surf in internet, all your PCs are already talking to port 53 of your router.

Pensionisti23

October 29, 2017, 01:29:55 PM #4 Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 01:42:38 PM by Pensionisti23
thanks for the reply that what was thinking too about the ports but doesn't look to work,
the server is quick race at genk you can check it out

forwarded port 54411 to the server machine and not messing with other machine for the moment as i am connecting it from mobile hotspot just to try

it says connection timeout and i can see the pings of other servers but not of my server, it shows ---

please try to connect, i set also the ping to no limit

thank you

edit: i just checked the servers page on krp web and when i hover to the join link it shows it is trying to connect on 54400 port although i have set the server to 54411, this is the shortcut link "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kart Racing Pro\kart.exe" -dedicated 54411 -set params newserver.ini"

dibu

Quick race Genk uses port 54400 and shows no ping in world screen.
krp://109.69.5.221:54400/192.168.0.114:54400/Quick%20Race/0/Genk//KF3

make sure that your server shortcut looks like this:  kart.exe -dedicated 54411 -set params dedicated.ini

Atm I'm also getting a connection timeout. Please restart the server with the correct port number in your server shortcut.

Pensionisti23

please see as i edited the reply above as i see when i hover on the join link it shows it is starting in 54400 while my server is set in 54411 not sure why
this is the shortcut link "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kart Racing Pro\kart.exe" -dedicated 54411 -set params newserver.ini"

dibu

the shortcut looks fine but there must be a reason why it uses port 54400 instead of 54411.

My first attempt would be:
- stop the server
- look in task manager to make sure that there is no other krp.exe process active
- create a new server shortcut and try again

Pensionisti23

ok, just figured the reason why it tries to connect on the wrong port, was cause of the shortcut link being "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kart Racing Pro\kart.exe" -dedicated 54411 -set params newserver.ini and not just kart.exe" -dedicated 54411 -set params newserver.ini

although it is the same shortcut it corrects the port number on "join" link, but i'm still getting "connection timeout"

Pensionisti23

here's the .ini server file for you to check it out

dibu

Your .ini file is ok, I just checked it at one of my servers. No problem to connect.

It has something to do with your server.
- Is the windows firewall open for kart.exe ?
- Are you using a antivirus soft which blocks the network traffic?

Pensionisti23

it doesn't seem to work for no reason, whatever i do the server can't be reached.
the game is not blocked by firewall as i have allowed for both private and public networks, and i can join other servers and play.

i have played some time with host world in release2b but in release3 i can't anymore even when host world, it says connection timeout.

dibu

There is definitively something blocking the traffic of kart.exe.

Disable the windows firewall for a new test. If it works, enable it again and open the advanced firewall settings. There you can manually create an inbound and an outbound rule for kart.exe to allow the traffic.

If disabling the firewall doesn't help then you have to look what else is installed at your server which could influence the network traffic (antivirus, other protection software, malware ...)

Your shortcut and port is correct now, you have seen at my server that your .ini file works. Now you have to find out who or what still blocks the communication to kart.exe.

Quote from: Pensionisti23 on October 29, 2017, 04:15:58 PM
i have played some time with host world in release2b but in release3 i can't anymore even when host world, it says connection timeout.

Another indicator that there is a software/setting which blocks kart.exe.

Pensionisti23

thank you dibu for all your help
It looks there is something more behind this we don't know yet. i did tried also setting my router in bridge mode witch gives me ip directly from my ISP it still doesn't work. did tried also to make the server through mobile hotspot but still the same on both my machines. firewall was kept turned off all the time when i make this tests. it can't be an app preventing the connection cause the machine has a brand new windows and turned off firewall. waiting reply from piboso or someone who knows anything extra about this

Pensionisti23

Hello

finally found where was the problem. the problem was on my ISP cause they're not giving me a public IP directly but giving me access through a WAN.
i noticed it cause my routers external ip was 10.x.x.x  while my public ip shows as 109.x.x.x . so the port forwarding should be done in the ISP routers witch is not possible. but strange is that i could play with my friends in the release2b through the host world option and can't now in release3.