• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:49:25 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Grip on the rear

Started by GhostriderPl, May 29, 2011, 10:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.J. Koyen

Ghostrider calm down, no one is laughing at you.

I haven't noticed any problems with grip in the rear with the new Beta either. For me it seems like each new version the kart balance changes a bit to give MORE rear grip as others have said.

I don't believe that you have tried every setup change available. The seat adjustment like Piboso mentioned should fix your problem immediately. Don't focus on trying to get down to the same lap times you had in previous Betas. You may never get there if the handling has changed slightly with each update.

Your setups will need to be redone probably to adapt to the new tire parameters. Or you may need to adjust your driving style like any driver would in real-life when there is a change in the tires.
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

GhostriderPl

understand this.....but.....when the grip changes so much than something is wrong because karts are created to have grip....and not drive like on ice.....thats my problem......when it is so that 42.3xx is only ONE lap and the rest is 43.xxx then i understand but thats not realistic......because i drive the same times in qualify and in race (in real life)...often i drive in race even faster times because i dont must think about it because i am in fights and so on....at the european championship i was 13d place at qualifying and the race i won because i dont think at times....but in beta 3 i think all the time that in the next corner i do a donut because the grip is so low...in beta 2 i dont have this problem......dont understand this.....sorry for bad english
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

EVO

GhostriderPl i am sorry if you understood it that way. There is alot i can learn from you.  I only wish i was as fast as you.  Just undestand that the SIM is changing.  It is in BETA (not final).  changes are drastic and frequent.  expect inconsistant times until everything as been dialed in to perfection. Agian sorry for the misunderstanding.
Yes your are right about lap times dropping off.  Have you played with the pressures? they drop off quick so i lower them
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

GhostriderPl

i fully understand that the sim is changing....but the grip changes in the wrong direction.....thats my problem....dont know why only i have this problem....like i say...on longruns i drive faster and faster but now in beta 3 this is impossible....and i dont know why

Schwoni

it`s the setup take a look in setup guide topic maybe this help

GhostriderPl

i know how a kart works and i try all changes possible but hte problem is still the same.....but thanks for trying to help  :)

Aritz

Can you put here some screenshots with your setup? Maybe we see something strange :)

GhostriderPl

how do i do a screenshot?  and i can post my aktual setup because i change it every time i drive because i test and test and test

EVO

May 31, 2011, 08:16:28 PM #23 Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 08:18:16 PM by evo1087
F11 i believe if not f10  they save to my ducuments Piboso > Kart racing pro> screenshots 
setup files also save in there by track and class. look forward to seeing.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

GhostriderPl

make screenshots but the are in .tga....what do i do with this files?

Schwoni

open with gimp or something like that and save as jpg and upload them maybe u can upload them as tga? i don`t know

GhostriderPl

i can upload them in .tga i think...you must know that i am not at the time with computers because i work a lot

GhostriderPl

they are to big (2,25mb)

Aritz

Use www.megaupload.com (imageshack is better but harder to explain)

GhostriderPl