• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:37:54 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Odd Problem with Super Kart Dyno behavior

Started by Raise, October 17, 2017, 09:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raise

October 17, 2017, 09:31:57 AM Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:29:54 AM by Raise
Having an issue with a super kart mod, as in previous versions (b14) it has the power in all gears to go past the rev limiter by quite a bit, enough to hit the 20k breaking point even though limiter is 13k im then also having the odd issue where past 11k it goes super sonic almost like i grabbed the clutch (I assume if it stops going super sonic rev limiter would work) even though the curve is smooth (https://image.prntscr.com/image/TmSrF5seTmOkjtt7__4EwA.png) its producing 88.7 bhp at 12389 (not irl max HP which is about 96) so obviously its producing a stupid amount of power.

In B14 i solved the issue of it going past the limiter by setting a fictional point that kills the torque hard as hell past the limiter but this wouldnt stop it from behaving as it does when i hit 11k. I dont have the proper internal ratios ass i havent found them  online so i will report back if i find them and if it changes anything. I could send the files to Piboso or snappe if asked but i wont put them up publicly seeing as itll just get downloaded and ill get no help from the people downloading it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1vMtDQ3t0Q&feature=youtu.be heres a really bad video showing the issue note how at the end i just sit in 1st and it slowly climbs through the revs till it breaks

Side note from the issue, its a 250 twin should i change the intake scale or something like that for accuracy?

Edit: Just tried messing with ratios with no solution

Raise

So got the kart to stop over revving by reducing the over power levels for the dyno curve unfortunately this reduces top speed drastically so not much of a solution to the problem imo