• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:16:09 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

New release

Started by Alessandro Ceronetti, August 07, 2017, 11:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alessandro Ceronetti

Hey guys. I've been downloading the new krp version and when I try and install it, unlike the other times, my antivirus deletes the file because it reckons the file contains a virus... anyone help? Thanks :)
Alessandro Ceronetti,

Senior X30 Driver,
OKC Administrator and Founder
Kart Racing Pro World Champion
2x OKC Champion
4x OKC Vice-Champion
Season 1 SKM X30 World Champion
FPR Official Driver

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: Alessandro Ceronetti on August 07, 2017, 11:50:12 AM
Hey guys. I've been downloading the new krp version and when I try and install it, unlike the other times, my antivirus deletes the file because it reckons the file contains a virus... anyone help? Thanks :)

Turn your anti virus off while trying to download it lol?

Alessandro Ceronetti

Yeah but I want to know is wether it does have a virus or not?
Alessandro Ceronetti,

Senior X30 Driver,
OKC Administrator and Founder
Kart Racing Pro World Champion
2x OKC Champion
4x OKC Vice-Champion
Season 1 SKM X30 World Champion
FPR Official Driver

Raise

Quote from: Alessandro Ceronetti on August 07, 2017, 05:42:51 PM
yea dude you paid like what $40 for a virus its going to delete your whole hard drive. No seriously why would it be a virus if you downloaded it from piboso? what purpose would it serve for piboso to give you a virus but if you not comfortable then just put your key in the steam key generator here (http://stats.kartracing-pro.com/steam.php) and then you know for an absolute fact its safe

Taddzy

ALE STOP CRYING ANF TURN YOUR BLOODY AINT KRP OFF OKAY?? LIKE PIBOSO IS GONNA SELL YOU A VIRUS
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

matty0l215

Real Mature guys...

Alessandro, If downloaded from The CAWS Team website, I can assure that the installer is not a Virus. I host the website and upload the file myself.

Raise

Quote from: matty0l215 on August 11, 2017, 06:12:07 PM
Real Mature guys...

Alessandro, If downloaded from The CAWS Team website, I can assure that the installer is not a Virus. I host the website and upload the file myself.

you do realize he is talking about downloading an installer from Piboso right? The same installer you put on your website.... never mind that this thread was last commented on like 3 weeks ago so they probably found a solution with out your help

marcelo

In my opinion a good practice  to prevent questions like that, is to write the MD5 Sum (file hash) after the download link. Then when you download the file you may compare the hashses and guarantee that the file is the same.

Raise

Quote from: marcelo on August 12, 2017, 02:52:39 PM
In my opinion a good practice  to prevent questions like that, is to write the MD5 Sum (file hash) after the download link. Then when you download the file you may compare the hashses and guarantee that the file is the same.

We know for a fact the files are the same the issue is the original post questioned why his anti virus was deleting the file which is down simply to having a stupid anti virus