• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:42:55 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Engine - centrifugal clutch

Started by Racehard, May 27, 2011, 10:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racehard

May 27, 2011, 10:17:33 PM Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 10:44:13 PM by Racehard
Hello PiBoSo, I gave the karts idle and centrifugal clutch once more some thoughts.

Since beta 2 there's the idle help, which represents the idle setting of the engine.
If I turn that on, the engine is started right away after switching to track, so there is no need to start the KC1/3 engine with the electric starter anymore.
Shouldn't the engine be off at the beginning both with or without idle help, since the idle help is just the idle screw and has nothing to do with starting the kart.
I think a lot prefer driving with idle help and don't want to miss out on that awesome electric starter, for me pressing it, depite an already running engine is pointless. And if I got that right only the pro karters drive their karts with no or very little idle, right?

Another thing is,
if I have automatic idle turned on and brake hard so I block the wheels with the kc1 or 3 the engine is clutched out.
And then if I push the gas afterwards, the clutch clutches back in and I shouldn't feel a stuttering, or should I? Because I do at the moment if the engine gets clutched in again and even I got used to it, it is a bit disturbing though.

oppolo

at this moment, when we go on track, the engines are all on.
i have any helps, and if i push the throttle when i go on track, it is on, but if i don't push the throttle the engines are suddenly off,
when i go on the start race,  in fact with ks1, i have to enter the race with throttle pushed otherwise i have to push the kart at the starter  ;)

i know it's not my business, but why you use idle help? i take so great satisfied play this amazing game with any helps  :)

Racehard

May 27, 2011, 11:46:54 PM #2 Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:53:23 PM by Racehard
Idle help on or off is like a different carburetor idle setup, depending on what you prefer or what is faster or whatever but this just plays a role on pro level I think, but not sure about that, how the majority sets up their idle.
I personally don't like the fact that the engine stalls if I don't give a minimum throttle input all the time (that's without idle help).
With idle help, the engine has a minimum idle, even without throttle input.

Generally I am also not a fan of any kind of driving help.

With the ks1 engine it's the same you're right, I would prefer if it was off, so that it has to be pushed to start, even with idle help on.
Maybe an option to choose wether you want it started or not after switching to track would be good.