• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 08:59:23 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Adding AI

Started by bobthemac, August 24, 2017, 05:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobthemac

I have been taking a second look at the plugins and was trying to find a way to create an AI mod, I did start to get excited when I looked at the input plugin code till I realised it was more of a controller oriented code. Has anyone else looked into this, I know lots of people want this and in the FAQ PiBoSo said no to AI and no plans to add it. If there is no clear way it might be a case of reverse engineering and adding a dll using patch jumping.

Raise

I would be highly highly doubtful that there is a way to mod AI into the game, Piboso has said before it is no easy effort for him and i would guess its even harder when we dont have every file unlocked

bobthemac

Yes there is a lot of work involved if we can create hooks that allow us to do this kind of thing in GTA5 with it's budget, its probably possible to do it with KRP. I have a few ideas on how to go about it I just need to find a way to access the games core code.

Raise

Quote from: bobthemac on August 25, 2017, 05:17:05 PM
Yes there is a lot of work involved if we can create hooks that allow us to do this kind of thing in GTA5 with it's budget, its probably possible to do it with KRP. I have a few ideas on how to go about it I just need to find a way to access the games core code.

I don't really know at all what you're talking about so forgive me if this sounds ignorant but GTA already has AI so what exactly is being done in GTA that is similar to what you would do in KRP which has no AI capabilities at all especially because KRP's core game files are encrypted pretty heavily

bobthemac

Sorry I am a software engineer and sometimes I get more technical than needed. I was referring to the opening up of GTA 5 to allow mods it requires reverse engineering things like scanning memory. Thats the first barrier once it's opened up writing the AI is a simple but yes time consuming task to get right. From playing the game I think their is already things there that can be used like the racing line that would probably be the base path for the AI to follow from their it's like making a cake we add braking, Awareness of other karts, dynamic lines, crashes etc. In theory it would all be added in a .dll ready to just drop in to any installation of the game.

bobthemac

Slight change of plans after looking into how to reverse engineer the game then looking at some other things like the fact that it is still build to work on a 16 year old version of DirectX. I have decided to work on a complete kart simulation including AI instead using some more modern tech. I can't give release times as I have only just started but currently I am working 12 Hours a day on it.

PiBoSo

Quote from: bobthemac on August 30, 2017, 01:22:45 AM
Slight change of plans after looking into how to reverse engineer the game then looking at some other things like the fact that it is still build to work on a 16 year old version of DirectX. I have decided to work on a complete kart simulation including AI instead using some more modern tech. I can't give release times as I have only just started but currently I am working 12 Hours a day on it.

Please note that KRP uses DirectX for the input only. This is why it requires the old 8.1 version ( that includes the latest DirectionInput update ).
The rendering is based on OpenGL.

3rd.Rail

This comes up alot.  You can make your own AI.  Enable the ghosting mode and save your ghost.  I practice with three ghost vehicles set at different lap records.  I even change uniform and helmets as the program will save those items.  The ghost will constantly lap at the saved lap time you choose next it will travel the lap mirrored to your line so you should be able to anticipate your own moves.  This program is solid thru and thru.

Raise

Quote from: 3rd.Rail on August 31, 2017, 03:23:40 PM
This comes up alot.  You can make your own AI.  Enable the ghosting mode and save your ghost.  I practice with three ghost vehicles set at different lap records.  I even change uniform and helmets as the program will save those items.  The ghost will constantly lap at the saved lap time you choose next it will travel the lap mirrored to your line so you should be able to anticipate your own moves.  This program is solid thru and thru.

That's not real ai though the ghosts aren't even solid