• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Repeat Albedo/diffuse/Color but not alpha ?

Started by DavidM, July 09, 2021, 03:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidM

Hi,
Is it possible to use an alpha as a mask for a tileable texture?
I don't know how to use the vertex mask painting with your game engine so I wanted to simulate it by creating an alpha map and tile my diffuse map.

But I don't know how to achive this kind of thing or if it is even possible.

If anyone could help that would be great. It is really hard to find any info to create a map, except basic knowledge I find it really difficult to understand how your engine work.

Thanks for anyone that could help me.

LXS77

Hi,

As far as I know, texture blending is not possible in KRP.

For more info on supported features, please refer to http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php?title=Track_Creation_Guide .

DavidM

Thanks for the help. This documentation is quite helpful but a little bit confusing sometimes.
Do you know if I can find any spec about the engine ?
The typical tri count for tracks and environment? Same for the texture and texture size ?
Thanks

LXS77

July 10, 2021, 02:28:48 PM #3 Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 06:02:07 PM by LXS77
No worries, mate.

KRP is based on a custom-built OpenGL engine, so http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page and some discussions on this forum might be the only source of information.

A general rule for all surfaces and objects - minimise your polycount (otherwise, the FPS rate will suffer) and avoid a double-sided mesh.

Just a quick example, a wireframe view of PiBoSo's Rye House:
You cannot see attachments on this board.

DavidM

Thanks, that really helps.
Is it the track from this video? Do you know if the trees are card or meshes ?

LXS77

Quote from: DavidM on July 11, 2021, 11:23:31 PMIs it the track from this video? Do you know if the trees are card or meshes ?

From this video?  ???  Rye House is one of the tracks which come pre-installed with the game. Trees and bushes are low-poly models (like perpendicular rectangles) with alpha-channel textures.

DavidM

Oups I forgot to past the link  ;D

Thanks for the help about the trees, I'll add some in my map.

LXS77

Quote from: DavidM on July 12, 2021, 03:03:22 PMOups I forgot to past the link  ;D

Yeah, that's the one  :)

Quote from: DavidM on July 12, 2021, 03:03:22 PMThanks for the help about the trees, I'll add some in my map.
Glad to help! All the best with your project!

DavidM

By any chance do you know how to use the height feature in Tracked ?
I can edit the height but I'd like to export the modified track in FBX to add some props.

LXS77

Quote from: DavidM on July 12, 2021, 11:28:36 PMBy any chance do you know how to use the height feature in Tracked ?
No idea, sorry. I think, heightmaps are more about MXB rather than KRP anyway...