• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:19:43 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

PFI GP PLATE JUNIOR X30

Started by lingy76, July 04, 2017, 12:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lingy76

I will be hosting a junior X30 race for Saturday 8th July. if you are interested in joining this league the timetable will follow

practice gb time 11 til 12:30
qauli at 12:45 for 10 mins
heat one 1:00 7 mins
1:10 heat 2
1:30 pre final
2:00 grande final 12 mins

any questions please ask

lingy76 (ethan) 
ASK FOR PAINTS AND I WILL MAKE THEM!

Bob Dobbolina

Hi ethan, Very interested in joining, thanks for this setting up! My son and myself are new to the full version of krp, so please excuse our ignorance.. Can you tell us please: what kart is to be used? is it the MINI60? I don't see an X30 kart on the menu - is this an additional kart download? Also, which track is it please?
And being 'junior' I guess it's one for my lad rather than myself - is there an age range/limit for drivers please?
Many thanks again!

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: Bob Dobbolina on July 05, 2017, 01:24:14 AM
Hi ethan, Very interested in joining, thanks for this setting up! My son and myself are new to the full version of krp, so please excuse our ignorance.. Can you tell us please: what kart is to be used? is it the MINI60? I don't see an X30 kart on the menu - is this an additional kart download? Also, which track is it please?
And being 'junior' I guess it's one for my lad rather than myself - is there an age range/limit for drivers please?
Many thanks again!

here is the download to the X30 pack
https://www.dropbox.com/s/woaxi8engm67oec/X30%20UK%20Spec%20Pack.zip?dl=0

It goes in Program Files x64/KartRacingPro/ ( Then open up the rar file of the download and drag across the contents into your KRP folder, it will have stuff like " karts " " engines " a maybe a couple other things in it )

As for age, no KRP race has ever been age specific ( because a host can't be picky on on who can and can't race because its hard to get numbers )

Bob Dobbolina

Hi Cory, Thanks very much for that. I finally got the X30s going when I realised there are two folders named kart racing pro on the computer, and after reading your message, sussed out it's not the one in the piboso folder!
We have a problem though. We've spent a couple of hours testing and trying dozens of settings changes, but it still spins off at the drop of a hat on the tighter bends. Seems to have terrible oversteer. We've tried different chassis too, but that seems to make little, if any difference. We have found other kart classes have been 'tame-able' with a little patience.
Any tips at improving control of the X30 would be gratefully received..!
Also, regarding the race on Saturday 8th July - which track will it be? or is it decided on the server by random selection?
Cheers again

Cory_Hayes

I am assuming the track is at PFI, as by the title of the thread.

In regards to the tighter corner over steer problem.

Are you being too hard on turn in? are you holding it too turned in for too long?

Are you getting on the power a bit hard? if so try smooth it out a bit.

Tried driving around it as much as possible:
- Put bigger rear hubs on ( Alloy and Mag doesn't make a difference compound wise its just there as an option so either or, just go the longest size rear hubs and it should grip it up )
- Chassis bar wise, anything from the middle of the chassis back try stiffening stuff up.
* I run standard front track width most of the time so maybe set back to that and try move the rear in a bit and see if it changes anything *
* Same time since I have years of experience with this game and basically am one of the fastest people on it, I have a very, very, very pointy kart in game so some of the settings that I do run might be " exaggerated "  really because I set the kart up in huge chunks at a time *

So yeah, just try stiffen the rear up, it might effect the other corners a bit so maybe just try drive around it at first, if it doesn't help then just reply again and I will give you more advice.

What specific track/corner is it that you are having trouble on.

Bob Dobbolina

Hi Cory, your reply is much appreciated, thank you! I've not had time to load up krp today, but will try tomorrow..

Bob Dobbolina

I've been trying out the tips and they have helped - thanks again.. I also searched the forums for oversteer and found some other great info that way. At least I managed to complete some laps! But they were at a familiar track.
I downloaded the PFI track today (thanks for the pointer - I had no idea even that PFI was a track!). Every time I try and go out on the PFI track though, the video motion jams down to about one or two frames a second.
After I inevitably spin off, sometimes the motion seems to normalise, sometimes it stays glitchy. But it always gets freezy & it's not useable like that. Could be my graphics card I spose...

In any case, the short news is that we are totally unprepared to race tomorrow, Saturday, 8th July, and regrettably have to back out for this one.
I'll watch the racing forum for news of future races you host, and of course feel free to pm me.
All the best - I hope the race works out and is great!
It would be great to see the results/lap times etc.