• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:07:55 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

OSW Direct Drive Wheel Settings?

Started by DjFIL, May 24, 2017, 07:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjFIL

Thanks.  Looks good.  Feels better than what I had.  What are you running in-game FFB strength at?  Only issue I have still is that it results in some pretty nasty osculation if I was to release the wheel, even when going straight.

LauZzZn

Quote from: DjFIL on August 07, 2017, 10:21:15 PM
Thanks.  Looks good.  Feels better than what I had.  What are you running in-game FFB strength at?  Only issue I have still is that it results in some pretty nasty osculation if I was to release the wheel, even when going straight.

Try to open Granity and lower the (I think its called PDW) value. I think I got the 3rd setting, something around 600 possibly.

I run ingame with 60% I think, with 32cm steering wheel size ( actually karting wheel ).
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

DjFIL

Awesome. Thanks again LauZzZn. Really happy to hear your input based on you can compare to real world experience. Will take a look at the Granity settings.  Might also try to configure my wheel as 900 degrees (as you show in your images).  I'm configuring as 180 in MMos and in KRP, might make a difference for the osculation as well.

LauZzZn

Quote from: DjFIL on August 08, 2017, 05:00:53 PM
Awesome. Thanks again LauZzZn. Really happy to hear your input based on you can compare to real world experience. Will take a look at the Granity settings.  Might also try to configure my wheel as 900 degrees (as you show in your images).  I'm configuring as 180 in MMos and in KRP, might make a difference for the osculation as well.

for sure, this makes a massive difference. Always set up as much degree as possible ;)
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

dibu

Quote from: LauZzZn on August 08, 2017, 06:35:17 PM
for sure, this makes a massive difference. Always set up as much degree as possible ;)

Hi LauZzZn, you set 900° at the manufacturer tool, which settings are you using inside KRP? 180° or 900°?

LauZzZn

Quote from: dibu on August 08, 2017, 09:28:19 PM
Quote from: LauZzZn on August 08, 2017, 06:35:17 PM

Hi LauZzZn, you set 900° at the manufacturer tool, which settings are you using inside KRP? 180° or 900°?

900 degree ingame, too
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

DjFIL

Totally fixed the osculation, and overall feels much better.  It's a bit odd that there's no hardstop past the standard 180 kart, occasionally go past it (in spinouts... oops).  And I'm finding it a bit tougher to feel loss of complete traction.  Might turn up from 60% FFB in-game a touch.  Thanks again for sharing, really helped get a very good feeling wheel in game.