• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:51:49 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

New track, conversion help?

Started by Morbo, May 04, 2017, 12:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morbo

Hi,
I made a track in Race Track Builder for assetto corsa, and I want to play it in Kart Racing Pro.

I have the .fbx from Race Track Builder, however whenever I go to convert it with FBX2EDF, it crashes.
A window comes up "fbx2edf.exe has stopped working" :(

Any tips or hints?

LauZzZn

Just wait a bit longer ;) it looks like its crashing, but thats normal. .map files take long to export, depending on the track it may take 30min, sometimes just 2min..
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Morbo

Quote from: LauZzZn on May 04, 2017, 08:14:50 AM
Just wait a bit longer ;) it looks like its crashing, but thats normal. .map files take long to export, depending on the track it may take 30min, sometimes just 2min..

Even though it it pops up with a window saying fbx2edf has stoppedworking and cpu usage drops to zero?

LauZzZn

Dont click on the converter, just start the conversion process and wait. Normally it just takes some time.
Maybe PiBoSo can tell you more?
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Morbo

Quote from: LauZzZn on May 04, 2017, 11:15:42 AM
Dont click on the converter, just start the conversion process and wait. Normally it just takes some time.
Maybe PiBoSo can tell you more?

Thanks for the help so far!

the black console windows says:
"googlemap.png is invalid or non existent"
and then it crashes completely (not just appears to be frozen but proper crashes)

Morbo

Quote from: Morbo on May 04, 2017, 05:02:13 PM
the black console windows says:
"googlemap.png is invalid or non existent"
and then it crashes completely (not just appears to be frozen but proper crashes)

I'll try to reexport it from RTB without the googlemap if i can, see what happens