• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:36:38 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Output Plugins

Started by PiBoSo, June 19, 2010, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Russell Hodgson on December 17, 2015, 07:30:55 PM
As far as I can tell that information is only there for the kart I am driving.  I want to see if for every kart on track.  Am I missing something in the API?
I haven't tried it yet on an online event, but to me it looks like it's for all the kart in the event. For example, the below definitely looks like the client is gonna receive the whole classification, of all the karts:

typedef struct
{
int m_iSession;
int m_iSessionState;
int m_iSessionTime;
int m_iNumEntries;
} SPluginsRaceClassification_t;

typedef struct
{
int m_iRaceNum;
int m_iState;
float m_fBestLap;
float m_fBestSpeed;
int m_iBestLapNum;
int m_iNumLaps;
float m_fGap;
int m_iGapLaps;
float m_fPenalty;
int m_iPit;
} SPluginsRaceClassificationEntry_t;

/* This function is optional */
__declspec(dllexport) void RaceClassification(void *_pData,int _iDataSize,void *_pArray,int _iElemSize)
{

}

You also have the two call RaceAddEntry and RaceRemoveEntry that notify the client when a new player joins/quits the event. So it definitely looks like you'll get data for all the participants (which I guess was the whole point of the whole RaceData stuff).
Two wheels, more than enough.

Russell Hodgson

Z1 Dashboard software: dashboards, track maps, telemetry, timing & scoring and more.

Z1 Analyzer software: the telemetry analysis software aimed at improving the most important part of the car - you the driver!

http://www.Z1Dashboard.com

Dragoon

Is there a plan to output also wheel temperatures? It would be very cool to see how the temperatures develop :)

PiBoSo

Example source code updated to the latest interface.
Hopefully this will be the final one.

Russell Hodgson

Does a plugin still need to have a .dlo extension?  We are trying to use the latest interface (data version 5 and interface version 9)  But the sim doesn't seem to see our plugin.  Any ideas?
Z1 Dashboard software: dashboards, track maps, telemetry, timing & scoring and more.

Z1 Analyzer software: the telemetry analysis software aimed at improving the most important part of the car - you the driver!

PiBoSo

Quote from: Russell Hodgson on November 21, 2016, 11:30:23 PM
Does a plugin still need to have a .dlo extension?  We are trying to use the latest interface (data version 5 and interface version 9)  But the sim doesn't seem to see our plugin.  Any ideas?

Yes, output plugins must have the DLO extension.

HornetMaX

Be sure to check that you have in your plugin all the functions that are not marked as optional in the sample code.

PiBoSo

Example source code updated to the latest interface.

Russell Hodgson

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 31, 2016, 05:51:57 PM
Does a plugin still need to have a .dlo extension?  We are trying to use the latest interface (data version 6 and interface version 9)  But the sim doesn't seem to see our plugin.  Any ideas?
Be sure to check that you have in your plugin all the functions that are not marked as optional in the sample code.

They are and still it doesn't seem to be recognized.

Is there a way to check in KRP to see if it is registering the plugin?  Also is there a way to see which version of KRP is running?  I have updated to the latest beta, but the program seems the same as before.

Thanks.

HornetMaX

CTRL-V in any KRP screen shows the version number on screen.

When a plugin is not seen by KRP, most likely you're using the wrong plugin interface version.

Russell Hodgson

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 21, 2017, 09:15:32 PM
CTRL-V in any KRP screen shows the version number on screen.

When a plugin is not seen by KRP, most likely you're using the wrong plugin interface version.

Is there a screen that displays the plugins that are currently recognized by the sim?

As far as I can tell we are implementing everything correctly.  So I need to know if the issue is KRP isn't seeing the plugin, or if it is and for some reason the plugin isn't working as expected.

Thanks.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Russell Hodgson on March 22, 2017, 08:17:19 PM
Is there a screen that displays the plugins that are currently recognized by the sim?
Not that I'm aware.

Quote from: Russell Hodgson on March 22, 2017, 08:17:19 PM
As far as I can tell we are implementing everything correctly.  So I need to know if the issue is KRP isn't seeing the plugin, or if it is and for some reason the plugin isn't working as expected.
My plugin works fine so I'm tempted to think there's something wrong on your side.

ajunhyuk

Where can I download the final version sample project and code?

PiBoSo

Quote from: ajunhyuk on July 16, 2017, 06:28:52 PM
Where can I download the final version sample project and code?

It can be downloaded from the download page of the official website.
Direct link: http://www.kartracing-pro.com/downloads/krp_example.c

Racer_S

January 04, 2018, 04:14:59 PM #29 Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 04:44:29 PM by Racer_S
Trying to update some of my existing output plugins for V4. 

When using the new plugin example from the website the game is crashing when clicking ToTrack.  Even with no changes to example.

Anyone else?

EDIT:

I have found changing

__declspec(dllexport) int GetModDataVersion()
{
return 6;
}

to 5 it does not crash anymore, but ofcourse the telemetry output does not work either.