• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:55:28 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

I has a question

Started by jon_of_mine, February 12, 2017, 01:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon_of_mine

February 12, 2017, 01:49:01 PM Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:40:43 PM by JonOfMine
How do you join a team irl?

Raise

call or email them and pay to run under their tent for the races you wish to compete. You'd need to talk to them directly about cost

futureracer

if you're just getting into karting i wouldn't recommened going under someones tent, it will cost you much more and you don't want to pay a lot when your just starting off

Raise

Quote from: futureracer on February 13, 2017, 07:07:54 AM
if you're just getting into karting i wouldn't recommened going under someones tent, it will cost you much more and you don't want to pay a lot when your just starting off

That's stupid any team worth the money provides driver coaching and tuning that goes well beyond what your dad knows from reading stuff on the internet. If you can afford to race under a team it does nothing but benefit you so I don't know what horrible experience you had to believe that they're bad.

Gillestheracer13

I totally agree.

But Jon can you actually kart in the sim? Not trying to crush your dreams, but if you're not confident in the sim, then you're defenitely not comfortable in real life.

I've been karting for almost 15 years now, and finally stepping up to GT racing later this year.

But you can achieve anything if you believe in yourself, be ready to pull your wallet or your dads wallet since i dont know your age.

If there's anything i could help you with then send me a PM :D
Race or Die.

jon_of_mine

February 14, 2017, 04:10:36 PM #5 Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 04:13:44 PM by JonOfMine
Quote from: Gillestheracer13 on February 13, 2017, 04:49:32 PM

I totally agree.

But Jon can you actually kart in the sim? Not trying to crush your dreams, but if you're not confident in the sim, then you're defenitely not comfortable in real life.

I've been karting for almost 15 years now, and finally stepping up to GT racing later this year.

But you can achieve anything if you believe in yourself, be ready to pull your wallet or your dads wallet since i dont know your age.

If there's anything i could help you with then send me a PM :D

I can't kart in a sim because the pedals won't assign but beta14 when my pedals worked I was just going around buckmore on a default setup having fun :(

ps - I'm 12

AidenKempf

They say nothing is impossible but i do nothing every day

RileyP

What is a track that is local to you? i would suggest going there and talking to some people, and you might then get an idea of prices and what to do when you start off. Beware though, Karting is expensive!
Llandow Minimax champion 2014
Whilton Mill Minimax champion 2015
Whilton Mill Junior Max champion 2016

Gillestheracer13

Quote from: RileyP on February 15, 2017, 11:56:52 AM
What is a track that is local to you? i would suggest going there and talking to some people, and you might then get an idea of prices and what to do when you start off. Beware though, Karting is expensive!

Again, this^

If that local track lets you do rental karting then go and drive in some rental session, What kind of karts are you looking into? 2 stroke 4 stroke? Brigss Rotax IAME Vortex and so much more :D
Race or Die.

jon_of_mine

Buckmore is local to me, I'm going there for Junior Rookie Club so I can race the championships

futureracer

Quote from: Raise on February 13, 2017, 07:43:49 AM

That's stupid any team worth the money provides driver coaching and tuning that goes well beyond what your dad knows from reading stuff on the internet. If you can afford to race under a team it does nothing but benefit you so I don't know what horrible experience you had to believe that they're bad.
no!!! i meant if your just getting into it, your not going to want to dump hundreds-thousands of dollars just for a weekend of getting used to it... but if your racing, having a team is a great, its the most fun ive had in karting

Raise

Quote from: futureracer on February 16, 2017, 06:16:45 PM
Quote from: Raise on February 13, 2017, 07:43:49 AM

no!!! i meant if your just getting into it, your not going to want to dump hundreds-thousands of dollars just for a weekend of getting used to it... but if your racing, having a team is a great, its the most fun ive had in karting

ahhh thats a good point

Sam Sanders

Quote from: JonOfMine on February 15, 2017, 10:33:44 PM
Buckmore is local to me, I'm going there for Junior Rookie Club so I can race the championships

My experience of teams in karting is if you can afford to run in them, then 100% do!

The slight downside of this is the outrageous price tag to run with them! (I've heard horror stories of teams asking for £30,000 as a deposit to show your interest. :(

At the moment I run Junior Rotax with just me and my dad and we finished P5 in the last race at Buckmore against some Super One guys but damn its hard work! Our season budget can't be much more than £3,500 a year and apparently, most of the Super One guys spend somewhere around £100,000 a year...

Best of luck in Junior Club! (It's where I started!)
Senior Rotax #34 <br /> British Karting Championship 2019 <br/> British Universities Karting Championship: UEA A #12

AidenKempf

Quote from: Sam Sanders on April 13, 2017, 07:32:50 PM

My experience of teams in karting is if you can afford to run in them, then 100% do!

The slight downside of this is the outrageous price tag to run with them! (I've heard horror stories of teams asking for £30,000 as a deposit to show your interest. :(

At the moment I run Junior Rotax with just me and my dad and we finished P5 in the last race at Buckmore against some Super One guys but damn its hard work! Our season budget can't be much more than £3,500 a year and apparently, most of the Super One guys spend somewhere around £100,000 a year...

Same here, where I live some people spend over 250k a year <<<<, that could last me like 100 seasons
They say nothing is impossible but i do nothing every day

Sam Sanders

Quote from: AidenKempf on April 13, 2017, 09:46:05 PM
Quote from: Sam Sanders on April 13, 2017, 07:32:50 PM

Same here, where I live some people spend over 250k a year <<<<, that could last me like 100 seasons

Damn xD it's not a great moment when I turn up at the track with my 2012 Tony Kart with 8 race old tires on and see a bunch of guys with their 2017 Tony's and Octane's with their brand new tires xD
Senior Rotax #34 <br /> British Karting Championship 2019 <br/> British Universities Karting Championship: UEA A #12