• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:38:57 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

dirty visor

Started by oppolo, May 25, 2011, 10:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

isn't it to much annoying? also in real does visor became dirty so soon?

Aritz

No, but it is an interesting detail, I like it :)

T.J. Koyen

I use one tear-off a day in real life. It's mainly just to protect the iridium of the visor for me. So no, it isn't really realistic in the game. But it's an okay addition.
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

oppolo

if it isn't realistic, in my opinion is not a good addition because i am forced to do something i would not do in real

oppolo

please Piboso, if it is not so realistic, reduce this effect, i have to clean visor 1 or 2 times for turn, and when i do an hour of continuosly training, My right thumb hurts( i have set it on a button of steering wheel)

bustosjr1

I like the detail too, but it would be better if the visor comes dirty during more time, because in beta 3 I have to clean the visor 2 or 3 times per lap, but once per lap it would be good, for example :)

Cris_Ace

Quote from: bustosjr1 on May 30, 2011, 12:25:25 AM
I like the detail too, but it would be better if the visor comes dirty during more time, because in beta 3 I have to clean the visor 2 or 3 times per lap, but once per lap it would be good, for example :)
quote that,please do not remove the dirt on the visor;
even if it's dirt ,it's easy to see the track,and sometimes it's fun to drive with some dirt on it,very realistic IMHO;
after all in real life you don't clean the vistor after every single bug that splash on it,isn't it?
I must agree that the dirt build off very quick,so I'll reduce this a little bit,maybe 1/3 less of actual.

oppolo

Quote from: Cris_Ace on May 30, 2011, 02:54:04 PM
I must agree that the dirt build off very quick,so I'll reduce this a little bit,maybe 1/3 less of actual.
i vote for reduce 19/20 of actual, so i'll clean it one time every 20 laps  :P

oppolo

mmm, maybe it's not so terrible, i became to be used to and now i change visor every 6 or 7 laps

Aritz

I don't know even how to change it :P

lalmeida

Hi guys.

I was very impressed by the first time I noticed this kind of detail. :)
  I like this effect.  8)
  Many times, in a real race, we got this or little stones beating in our helmets.  ;D
  Best regards,

Luiz Almeida

Cris_Ace

Quote from: oppolo on June 03, 2011, 01:04:49 AM
mmm, maybe it's not so terrible, i became to be used to and now i change visor every 6 or 7 laps
as I said,is not that bad,maybe a 1/3 reduction,but only on the bug splashing;
the dirt building on the visor is perfect timed IMHO...
I feel realistic to drive with a little dirt on it,when I have a couple of second I change it,otherwise I'm fully on the wheel, ;D

Bacchulum

The quantity of bugs should be temperature dependent, the hotter it is the more bugs there are.  ;)

Aritz

Quote from: Bacchulum on June 04, 2011, 02:42:41 AM
The quantity of bugs should be temperature dependent, the hotter it is the more bugs there are.  ;)

yeah, easy to do and nice.

By the way, rain is not as good. The drops must be faster and smaller, like a spray. Speed and air should bring them to the sides quickly. Yes, hard to do, I know :D

We use this for avoid the water drops:

The drops run away because of the fast rpm of the "turbine"