• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:07:58 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta16

Started by PiBoSo, March 11, 2017, 04:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on May 01, 2017, 09:59:17 AM
Hi guys  :)

I've tried the beta 16 with the HTC and I am not able to play because the menu is small and completely out of my sight (the cockpit is in a corner of the room and KRP always thinks that I am in the middle of it). Once in the track I press CTRL+R and I can see trough the pilot's head but turned 90º. There is not a way to center VR in all axis? What about the menu, why is not centered and scaled?

Impressive onboard feeling, I have to fix this and start again with KRP!

Thanks Piboso, good work as always ;)

The position of the user interface virtual screen should automatically be relative to the start pose.
On track reset of the heading has been added and it will be integrated in the next version.

Aritz

Somehow the menu appears ok but once in track the head still is turned 90º, I cannot play  :-\

AidenKempf

Try making the heacd turn thing differnt or a button
They say nothing is impossible but i do nothing every day

Aritz

Quote from: AidenKempf on May 01, 2017, 09:16:22 PM

I don't understand, what do you mean with that? I am using a Virtual Reality Headset, my virtual head must be moved in the same time as mine

Thank you

AidenKempf

Quote from: Aritz on May 02, 2017, 08:38:13 AM
Quote from: AidenKempf on May 01, 2017, 09:16:22 PM

I don't understand, what do you mean with that? I am using a Virtual Reality Headset, my virtual head must be moved in the same time as mine

Thank you

Okay my bad didn't read what you said lol ill read next time:P
They say nothing is impossible but i do nothing every day

Aritz

I've found the problem.

Thing is you have to calibrate the HMD view to the wheel before start the game using Steam VR app. I have my room scale calibration different because my room is not aligned to the cockpit, I play other games looking 90º to the right comparing to the cockpit, which is in a corner of the room.

So my suggestion is to let KRP to freely reset VR, not only in 2 axis like it is now. It seems that KRP is not yet ready to HTC glasses but only for Oculus, which is sold with only one sensor and it is prepared to play seated and always looking to it... HTC instead lets you play looking everywhere and there is not a "good" angle...

I hope I am being clear, thanks for the help

PD: Oculus now has more than one sensor available and you can play in the same way that HTC.

Daniel_Bougourd

Just installed this update and it keeps crashing every time I try and play. Get as far as seeing my steering wheel before "Kart Racing Pro stopped working"

Anything I can try to cure?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Daniel_Bougourd on June 05, 2017, 07:23:38 PM
Just installed this update and it keeps crashing every time I try and play. Get as far as seeing my steering wheel before "Kart Racing Pro stopped working"

Anything I can try to cure?

Have you tried a clean install, deleting all the files in "My Documents"/PiBoSo/Kart Racing Pro/ ( except for license.ini )?

Daniel_Bougourd

Only seems to crash using x30 that I downloaded in a previous version, so guess I just need to update that

Raise

Quote from: Daniel_Bougourd on June 06, 2017, 06:02:31 PM
Only seems to crash using x30 that I downloaded in a previous version, so guess I just need to update that

This is the kind of info you should post when you first come across the issue not something you should mention after you've gotten advice. The issue is you're using an outdated version of a mod for beta 16 and it isn't compatible