• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:05:26 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Suit paints in game

Started by Racer80, July 13, 2016, 11:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racer80

If I make a suit paint, can I just put the pnt file in an installation path, if so what is the installation path, if not do I need to put it with a kart paint?

EVO

July 15, 2016, 11:30:11 AM #1 Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 10:20:01 PM by EVO
If you want to add a suit to an existing paint use PaintEd from from the krp official site> downloads> PaintED. If your are starting a new suit you will need GIMP (free image editor) and the official templates also on the KRP downloads page. In painted do Paint read then extract the files to a folder put your suit in that folder.  Lastly open that directory in painted and pack the paint naming it at the bottom left and put in your bodywork>paints>(Specific type) If you don't have a body works folder in your krp install folder you have to extract the bodyworks.pkz folder with 7zip program or something similar.  Inside that folder you will see the others I mention.
If you have more question I'll answer.   
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Racer80

Racer80

Like how do you add a suit to a paint, like for example when you add a steering wheel you need to make it a .tga and put it in with the kart paint on paint.ed.

EVO

is that a question? if so, yes that is exactly what you do.  You can open the official paints in paint ed to know the file naming standards.

Racer80

Quote from: EVO on August 21, 2016, 10:56:07 AM
is that a question? if so, yes that is exactly what you do.  You can open the official paints in paint ed to know the file naming standards.
What do I need to name the file? The targa file.

Racer80

Do I call the file driver.tga?

EVO

Racer80