• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:05:15 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

multi-monitor

Started by PiBoSo, May 23, 2011, 03:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shutaro

another one, real
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck8_gqJj3uQ
sorry no sound its mid-night headphone one hand driving.

Racehard

Good perspective, looks like your wheel is the wheel ingame, even though I personally would prefer a view looking more downwards over the legs and feet, so you can see more from the chassis.

Tomy

June 04, 2011, 03:40:52 AM #17 Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:41:04 AM by Tomy
I'm playing the game on three HP ZR24w monitors (5760x1200) by default configuration and is great for me, it works perfectly with Eyefinity (=6048x1200 with bezel compensation!).

PD: I didn't create a monitors.cfg file.

devotid

Piboso PLEASE make the graphics changes timeout longer than 15 seconds!

i cannot change any graphics settings because it changes them back before i ever see anything on the screen.....just 30 seconds of blackness...... ridiculous! The  loading times in this sim are just WAY to Long........becoming a problem for me.

been trying to test this out for hours.....but cannot even click on the left monitor now cause the damn aspect ratio is stuck...btw the eyefinity does the same thing.

so in game what do you set the resolution at?   because with eyefinity 6024x 1200 was there with the first release...So is this just compensating for the monitor angles?....i.e. i had bezel management before.)

specs:
3x 24" (1920x1200)
ati 5850 gpu
3.0 quad core q8300 (3.0 ghz)

Kevin

PiBoSo

Quote from: devotid on June 12, 2011, 12:40:38 AM

Piboso PLEASE make the graphics changes timeout longer than 15 seconds!

i cannot change any graphics settings because it changes them back before i ever see anything on the screen.....just 30 seconds of blackness...... ridiculous! The  loading times in this sim are just WAY to Long........becoming a problem for me.

been trying to test this out for hours.....but cannot even click on the left monitor now cause the damn aspect ratio is stuck...btw the eyefinity does the same thing.

so in game what do you set the resolution at?   because with eyefinity 6024x 1200 was there with the first release...So is this just compensating for the monitor angles?....i.e. i had bezel management before.)

specs:
3x 24" (1920x1200)
ati 5850 gpu
3.0 quad core q8300 (3.0 ghz)

Kevin

You should still be able to use Eyefinity. The new system is meant for those that don't use TripleHead2GO or Eyefinity and for those that need separate rendering for each monitor.

wwfowler

Hi folks,

Bear with me as I am a newbie!

I am trying to setup multiple monitors in Beta3. Can someone provide me a little more detail on the monitors.cfg regarding the settings? I need to figure out which display is which in the settings and how the resolution in the .cfg relates to the resolution setting in Settings. My system is as follows:

Dell XPS 6301 Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz  8GB RAM
Windows 7 Ent. 64-bit
Dual nVidia GeForce GTS 250 graphics tied via SLI (disabled)
(3) Dell ST2310 DVI displays at 1920x1080 and (1) 40" Toshiba at 1360x768 (4 displays total)
The 3 ST2310 are running as Left - Middle - Right setup and this is where I want KRP to display. The fourth display (Toshiba) is more for network monitoring but does show up in Windows as the display above the Middle ST2310. The Middle display is the Main display in Windows ID=2, Left is ID=1, Right is ID=3 and the Upper is ID=4.

All nvidia drivers are up to date as well as Windows.

I will be happy to provide feedback on this setup but I need to see something come up first other than the following after starting KRP:

Left Display = Windows normal
Middle display = blank
Right display = blank

KRP is running but unable to "see" anything, audio is fine.
KRP Settings are Full Screen, Resolution=1920x1080, bits=32, refresh=default, antialiasing=off, screen ratio=Resolution

Here is the monitors.cfg:

primary
{
   screen_distance = 600
   screen_width = 400
   screen_height = 225
   width = 420
   height = 260
}

global
{
   angle_x = 40
}

monitor0
{
   display = 1
        pos_x = -1
   res_x = 1920
   res_y = 1080
   bpp = 32
        multisample = 4
}

monitor1
{
   display = 2
   pos_x = 1
   res_x = 1920
   res_y = 1080
        bpp = 32
        multisample = 4
}

Thanks to All!

PiBoSo

July 23, 2011, 01:00:47 PM #21 Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:08:35 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: dibu on July 23, 2011, 12:02:48 PM
I played around a bit with the settings this morning and in the beginning I had the same problems as you described.

It's all a question of setting the correct numbers in core.ini (monitor = ?) and monitors.cfg (display = ?).

My combination was: left=ID2, middle=ID3 (PRIMARY), right=ID1

Here the settings, which worked for my combination:   

core.ini   -->   monitor=2

monitors.cfg   -->   
               monitor0
               {
                  display = 2
                  pos_x = -1

monitor1
               {
                  display = 0
                  pos_x = 1

I still don't understand how the numbers exactly work. core.ini and monitors.cfg seem to use a different way of counting.
From my logic, I would have expected:

monitor0
               {
                  display = 1

Just for info: I got about 60FPS. The same setup with Eyefinity showed about 220FPS. (RADEON HD 6870)

The "monitor" setting in core.ini uses 1 as base, because 0 is reserved for default.
So your displays are: 2 for left, 1 (+1) for center and 0 for right.

Performances will be improved in the future, but please note that each monitor is separately rendered, and also a lot of time is spent transferring data.
This is why it is strongly recommended to use much lower resolutions for side views.

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on July 23, 2011, 02:34:13 PM
Do I understand it right?
The display ID doesn't matter. Only the position in the windows display setup is important for monitors.cfg.
left=2, middle=1, right=0
How is the upper position of wwfowler's setup handled?

The display index is not fixed. It changes for every setup.
A display on top of the middle one has pos_x = 0 and pos_y = 1

NitroStar

Hello. I just downloaded the demo and tried it on my system and it works GREAT! Eyefinity 6060 x 1080. I did not have to change any settings. Just selected my resolution in the "graphics" settings tab. Looks beautiful at over 100fps.
My specs:

-AMD Phenom 965 125w...
-Powercolor PCS+ HD6970...
-Asus M4A88TD-V EVO...
-12GB Gskill ddr3 1066...
-Corsair TX650W...
-Corsair H50...
-Cooler Master 932...
-Logitech G27...
-Eyefinity triple 23"at 6060x1080...
-Windows 7 64bit
- Accell B087B-006B Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D Single-Link Adapter ATI Certified

PiBoSo

September 04, 2011, 11:19:53 AM #24 Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:23:54 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: NitroStar on September 04, 2011, 02:44:14 AM
Hello. I just downloaded the demo and tried it on my system and it works GREAT! Eyefinity 6060 x 1080. I did not have to change any settings. Just selected my resolution in the "graphics" settings tab. Looks beautiful at over 100fps.

Thank you for the report.
However the multi-monitor support described in this thread is aimed at those who don't have ready-to-use solutions like Eyefinity, or need separate rendering for each monitor ( for example if the secondary monitors are not aligned with the primary ).

Slimjim

for my friend.. he is using 3 30" HP's at 8000 x 1200  ?  not sure on the exact res, but it's in the 8000's
everything looks fine maxed out, he just needs to correct the bezel for the monitors.
will that be in game, or what should he do.?  we tested many different resolutions last night, but could not find the perfect bezel setting for it.

JeDa

Hi,
I am new to this great sim. I only have the demo and now I want to buy the sim. But before I buy it, I want to test it with the three monitors. I am used to race with three monitors in other sims, so I just cant do without them :)

I am not very good with computers, I tried to make it work but it doesnt. Is it possible that somebody can create the right lines I have to put in the core.ini file and the monitors.cfg file?

I have three old CRT-monitors and a triplehead2go. Each monitor should display a resolution of 1024x768. It this would lead to very bad performance, the left and the right monitor can go to 800x600. The center monitor should be at 1024x768.

So, can anybody help me?

Thanks, JeDa 

PiBoSo

Quote from: JeDa on August 22, 2012, 12:58:35 PM
Hi,
I am new to this great sim. I only have the demo and now I want to buy the sim. But before I buy it, I want to test it with the three monitors. I am used to race with three monitors in other sims, so I just cant do without them :)

I am not very good with computers, I tried to make it work but it doesnt. Is it possible that somebody can create the right lines I have to put in the core.ini file and the monitors.cfg file?

I have three old CRT-monitors and a triplehead2go. Each monitor should display a resolution of 1024x768. It this would lead to very bad performance, the left and the right monitor can go to 800x600. The center monitor should be at 1024x768.

So, can anybody help me?

Thanks, JeDa

With TripleHead2Go the solution should be to go in Settings -> Graphics and set "Screen Ratio" to "Resolution" and then select a triple-screen resolution on top.

maxrod

I was using tripplehead2go, As long as you have correct drivers there should not be any problems, If you are using nvidia make sure graphic card resolutions are set up to matrox, All you should then need to do is in krp setting is set resolutions.

JeDa

Thanks PiBoSo & maxrod,
It works great. I have an old system (more than 4 years old) and was worried about the performance. But it runs great! Almost all the time >100fps with three monitors and high graphics settings in game.

I am going to buy this great sim. Looking forward to some online racing.

Thanks again, JeDa