• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:37:44 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

[WIP] OuluZone

Started by Dragoon, June 28, 2016, 01:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Quote from: LauZzZn on July 04, 2016, 04:39:34 PM
You get Feedback because of the prefix used for it (TRKKERB)

Ahhh, cool!

Dragoon

Switched to higher quality background blueprint image. Due to this I had to do some track & terrain editing. Possibly because I had just thrown in the previous background image as whatever-resolution and possibly BTB had not kept the aspect ratio properly. Lesson here is to use a high quality image from the start and use e.g. 2048 or 4096 as the width&height of the image.

Dragoon

July 05, 2016, 12:44:28 PM #32 Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 01:08:22 PM by Dragoon
Started making the terrain...

LauZzZn

I had a look at this video: https://youtu.be/2AaASVKyRQI
And I think your kerbs are too high and wide ( also they seem to be unconstant, like you made the shape again every time you made a kerb, you can copy the shape ;) )
Also I suggest making new fences in 3DS Max and get them into BTB so you dont have to use the stock BTB fences
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Dragoon

Quote from: LauZzZn on July 06, 2016, 05:21:21 PM
I had a look at this video: https://youtu.be/2AaASVKyRQI
And I think your kerbs are too high and wide ( also they seem to be unconstant, like you made the shape again every time you made a kerb, you can copy the shape ;) )
Also I suggest making new fences in 3DS Max and get them into BTB so you dont have to use the stock BTB fences

Yeah, it was the first test with kerbs, need to make them smaller. I did actually copy the shape, but might have missed some of them, but that is easy to fix.

The objects are really something that need work, fences and other track side objects... I need to make a trip to the track and take some reference pictures. So you suggest to make an XPack from the fences?

LauZzZn

for string objects you should make a xpack, dont make one for buildings or single objects
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

Dragoon

Dragoon

Still terrain tuning ongoing...

For some reason I cannot get the track to load in KRP now... It works OK in mapview but if I try to open it in-game, the game crashes. I've tried both the new track tools and the old one. I've made sure the centerline is merged. Is there any log where I could see why the game crashes?

Dragoon

I don't understand what is happening, I just can't get the track to load anymore in-game. >:(

I've tried even stripping down all terrain and objects. Still loading the track crashes. Help anyone?

LauZzZn

Do you actually save the .trp via TrackED? Maybe try creating a new folder
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

Cory_Hayes

Have you been merging the track centre line?

Dragoon

Yup, saving through TrackED as trp with the centerline merged. I've made it so many times now, I'm kind of getting fed up :D. It was working fine for many many times earlier. I might need to try an earlier version to see what breaks it...

I went to the track today and took almost 600 pics around the track and measurements from objects. Let's see what I can come up with them.  8)

LauZzZn

Very cool!
Are you sure all the textures are converted correctly?
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

Dragoon

Quote from: LauZzZn on July 11, 2016, 04:20:42 PM
Are you sure all the textures are converted correctly?

I'm pretty sure. I did them 3 or 4 times :)... And it works in mapview...

Dragoon

July 11, 2016, 07:18:42 PM #44 Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 09:40:37 PM by Dragoon
After quick SketchUp session, objects are coming along nicely... The stand and the rounded boxes are currently too high poly, will need to optimize them along the way.