• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:37:05 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Engine Sounds

Started by johnpike, January 03, 2016, 10:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpike

Is there any way to include custom sounds for addon engines? I know that there are a set of WAV files but they are all 0:00s long and I can't listen to them (even with infinite repeat) - is there a specific length required for these to be usable? I have a set of sounds I created a while ago for KF2 and I would like to see how they go on KRP.

Cheers
John

LauZzZn

January 06, 2016, 02:17:04 PM #2 Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:40:34 PM by LauZzZn
Hi johnpike
This is the answer I recieved from PiBoSo to your answer:
The stock WAVs are encrypted
Edit:
of course it's possible to edit the sounds
all they have to do is to look into the SCL file, and replace the WAV files
It's important for the WAV files to be mono and, of course, loopable
Edit done

For the rest: It is possible to change engine sounds, maybe take a look at the Rotax mod, so you can find out how stuff works. A sound mod for the KF would be very cool
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Birel-Rotax 42

Quote from: DRkarter97 on January 06, 2016, 06:50:53 PM
Quote from: LauZzZn on January 06, 2016, 02:17:04 PM
Hi johnpike
This is the answer I recieved from PiBoSo to your answer:
The stock WAVs are encrypted
Edit:
of course it's possible to edit the sounds
all they have to do is to look into the SCL file, and replace the WAV files
It's important for the WAV files to be mono and, of course, loopable
Edit done

For the rest: It is possible to change engine sounds, maybe take a look at the Rotax mod, so you can find out how stuff works. A sound mod for the KF would be very cool

The rotax with custom sounds hasn't been available in this or last beta and I'm pretty sure corrie got help from a modder who doesn't do krp any more. So maybe Piboso can help us out here more than look at a mod...

Fact check: I did it on my own. Don't speak on my behalf please.

johnpike

Hi Lauzzzn, Thanks for the reply, I will start having a look into that!

DRkarter I think with a bit of searching around an answer can be found, i mean we can't expect to be mollycoddled through everything !  :P ;)

I'll post back here when I have done some more work on it

EVO

johnpike  we should drive the Lydd course someday. I think we were the first to play the kart Mod for GTR2 that had sidepods that didn't match hahaha.  I made some KT100 sounds. A really good idle and low rpm sound, however  i didn't manage to make the rest loop able.  Max has the most experience with altering and creating sounds. Max can you share some tips with us?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website