• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:51:32 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

How many active members play Iracing?

Started by LiamHatton, October 21, 2015, 12:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiamHatton

Well the subject says it all really,

Iracing now being my main Sim since it's too difficult to race online with KRP's current netcode.

But the question is how many play Iracing and what series or licence you guys have..

Just a fun, maybe useless post but oh well

::)  :P

TURKEY8RAIN

Karts: RK-KZ10 raced in KZ2
         Monaco Ka100 raced in Ka3 Senior

LauZzZn

Only iRacing and rFactor.. Class A license, I think I am going to do Ruf Cup next season
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Ryan Harris

Running the IndyCar series at the moment (only road coarses).

eralp

3rd.Rail

Greets all.  I have been racing online since mid 2000.  At 52 weeks a year I'd say until 2009 I raced over 300-400 races.  After 2009 schedule changed, no-pay racing community slowed down to a stop.  2009 to 2014 I just raced offline- practice and did 2 or 3 online races per year.  In 2014 I discovered KRP.  In my opinion its the greatest sim ever released.  But since purchasing the program(about 12 monthes now)  I have raced online with others less than 5 times, all of those races were hodge-podge practice sessions.  Well I have invested 15 years $$$$ in my simming hobby and sitting idle gathering dust is not an option.  2 things happened, 1 iR announced releasing the nring and 2. a 2 for 1 promo. 

In augusst 2015 I became a subscriber.  iR has its plus and minuses.  Overall its a pleasant sim, its rules suit me to a tee, and the comp and fields are the best I've been in since 2003. 

Still I would choose KRP over iR and choose iR over RF 1 or 2.

iR is costly but it is a budgetwise asset for excitement, fun, relaxation.  iR is not for low enders,  everything has to be top form, wheel & pedals will be stressed beyond reality; display is difficult- I use a 60" flat screen tv for KRP and that is so sweet!  In iR this 60" tv is all but worthless,  iR is better suited for 3 or more screen in some geometrical combination.  PC would best be as powerful as possible to handle the iR data.

Again I am firmly in KRP's camp and only acknowledge racing iR only because the thread is present.  If you have less than 2-3 years experience in racing I would shy away from pay to play racing unless you are patient and willing to learn from a lot of costly mistakes.

For the record I am a C class racer presently.