• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:47:35 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Next KRP build..

Started by Cory_Hayes, October 09, 2015, 07:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory_Hayes

@PiBoSo
1. What is being updated/added to the next beta of KRP
2. When is it coming?

LiamHatton

There is going to be a option to race AI...

jk  ;D

Although I do wish on it!

Chiimpus

IAME Leopard/X30 and M6 bodywork are looking like prime candidates  ;) ;)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on October 09, 2015, 07:09:30 AM
@PiBoSo
1. What is being updated/added to the next beta of KRP
2. When is it coming?

The next build should be the first "official" release.
Several physics improvements are already in progress: tyre model, drafting, chassis flex, ...
The plan is also to add more contents.
There will be a small surprise feature, too.

The release date cannot be set yet, because there still is a lot to do.

Xander Clements

If I may add a couple of suggestions based off what we have experienced after the first round of the new skwc season:

- On the base setup, the karts have a lack of front grip and overall grip. The front end slides far too much for the amount of wheel input normally needed, so whether it is a fix in caster or something else of the sort, I'd recommend putting back in some grip.
- The plastic bodyworks have no flex at all, and minor contacts end up causing major wrecks. In order to have starts like in real life with 33 drivers and only 3-6 spins in turn 1 as a high, this would need to be implemented. In KRP's current state, it appears 12 is already pushing the limit as drivers have to be less aggressive than real life in order to make it through the first few corners.
- The aero loose affect may occur in cars but it does not actually happen in karts. I remember you saying that it was an easy fix so I hope you've already got this in your mind. However, the draft is also overpowered when compared to real life and right now the aero loose balances it. When the aero loose is removed, I'd recommend dialing down the drafting physics.

CRGDK37

i like the sound of that PiboSo! thank you once again and looking forward to the next release!  :D
Vortex VLB/w ICA
BMB KGP
CRG KT1b

elliottbud

Are other suggestions that have been made being considered for the game or is what you've listed the extent of new stuff? Or will you not say

PiBoSo

October 10, 2015, 12:37:01 PM #7 Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 12:41:07 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Xander Clements on October 09, 2015, 06:57:01 PM
- The aero loose affect may occur in cars but it does not actually happen in karts. I remember you saying that it was an easy fix so I hope you've already got this in your mind. However, the draft is also overpowered when compared to real life and right now the aero loose balances it. When the aero loose is removed, I'd recommend dialing down the drafting physics.

Aero has already been improved.
The fix will be integrated in the next build.

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 10, 2015, 12:37:01 PM
Quote from: Xander Clements on October 09, 2015, 06:57:01 PM

Aero has already been improved.
The fix will be integrated in the next build.

NICE

tebbers14

I hope that the M6 is not being taken by Mr. Steal a Project....

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: razorkart14 on October 14, 2015, 02:57:51 AM

You can't just say that, obviously PiBoSo is going to have to make it to have the karts all up to date. It is pretty pathetic that certain people have to think that PiBoSo is stealing the project when alls people have been doing is complaining that karts aren't up to date and when he does he gets accused of stealing projects....

you are a good bloke RaZoRCart but yeah, your statement wasn't really needed.

elliottbud

October 14, 2015, 05:49:20 AM #11 Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:51:01 AM by elliottbud
Quote from: Cory_Hayes on October 14, 2015, 03:03:48 AM

You can't just say that, obviously PiBoSo is going to have to make it to have the karts all up to date. It is pretty pathetic that certain people have to think that PiBoSo is stealing the project when alls people have been doing is complaining that karts aren't up to date and when he does he gets accused of stealing projects....

I think connor is just confused about why people were mad about the FP7. Corrie and most others were mad because piboso was helping him do the FP7 all  the while doing it himself. Which ya of course it was coming but why not just say "hey im doing this soon go work on something else"  like thats really the dick move by piboso not doing it. And I think connor just doesnt grasp this. Plus Ian did the M6 in hopes of piboso taking the model from him an using it with mild improvements. But piboso hates Ian so that would never happen until hell freezes over.

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: elliottbud on October 14, 2015, 05:49:20 AM

I think connor is just confused about why people were mad about the FP7. Corrie and most others were mad because piboso was helping him do the FP7 all  the while doing it himself. Which ya of course it was coming but why not just say "hey im doing this soon go work on something else"  like thats really the dick move by piboso not doing it. And I think connor just doesnt grasp this. Plus Ian did the M6 in hopes of piboso taking the model from him an using it with mild improvements. But piboso hates Ian so that would never happen until hell freezes over.

I fully understand what you mean, but PiBoSo in no way has to tell anyone what he is working on, look at it this way, with PiBoSo helping Hiatt do the FP7, he has taught him how to do things for future bodykits.
+ Ian had mentioned the whole giving the M6 to PiBoSo thing, it looks nice, but PiBoSo/Snappe are more than capable of making their own, more than likely better version of the bodykit, I fully understand what you mean, but even if PiBoSo didn't mind Ian ( as we have all seen, he isn't to fond of our friend Ian) He wouldn't take the model....  its not a thing based on relationships, he didn't take any of Laurent's tracks and put them in game... and him and PiBoSo seemed to be pretty good mates so yeah...

elliottbud

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on October 14, 2015, 07:29:07 AM
Quote from: elliottbud on October 14, 2015, 05:49:20 AM

I fully understand what you mean, but PiBoSo in no way has to tell anyone what he is working on, look at it this way, with PiBoSo helping Hiatt do the FP7, he has taught him how to do things for future bodykits.
+ Ian had mentioned the whole giving the M6 to PiBoSo thing, it looks nice, but PiBoSo/Snappe are more than capable of making their own, more than likely better version of the bodykit, I fully understand what you mean, but even if PiBoSo didn't mind Ian ( as we have all seen, he isn't to fond of our friend Ian) He wouldn't take the model....  its not a thing based on relationships, he didn't take any of Laurent's tracks and put them in game... and him and PiBoSo seemed to be pretty good mates so yeah...

Ya he doesn't have to but it was still a dick move, and even though hiatt can help others do body works now it would have been much more helpful in general if piboso helped publicly. And ya I guess you're right about the whole Ian thing.

tebbers14

[/quote]
Corrie and most others were mad because piboso was helping him do the FP7 all  the while doing it himself. Which ya of course it was coming but why not just say "hey im doing this soon go work on something else"  like thats really the dick move by piboso not doing it. And I think connor just doesnt grasp this. Plus Ian did the M6 in hopes of piboso taking the model from him an using it with mild improvements. But piboso hates Ian so that would never happen until hell freezes over.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ya he doesn't have to but it was still a dick move, and even though hiatt can help others do body works now it would have been much more helpful in general if piboso helped publicly. And ya I guess you're right about the whole Ian thing.
[/quote]

I might of been a little harsh, but I don't want to see someones work (Ian works his a** off) go into the trashcan. If the developers would tell someone what they are doing, the public can work on other things. If anything, the physics of the game itself should be prioritized over looks that can be done by the community. If PiBoSo does put the M6 in game, maybe at least give the modders some credit.
Also, we don't need a WWIII with PiBoSo and Ian.